ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coily advice!!!! Mk3!

Clio 1.2 tce
I have a mk3 1.2tce.
I have been looking anywhere i can think of and the only real options i can find are the ap's at £530 and the Weitec's at like £650!!
neither of which are cheap!
im new to this forum so is there anyone who has solved this issue of finding out cheaper coils or ppl who have used ap and have pics to show if they r truly as good as i am hoping!
Would hate to spend that kinda money n find out its still a monster truck!
Cheers!

ITB'd MK1
I've driven a 1.6 mk3 with Weitecs fitted. Really nice, and they're good quality kit.

I think the best advice would be to get good coilovers, or stick with lowering springs in this case

Clio 1.2 tce
right ok cheers!
yea well my mate has ap's in his fiesta and they are really nice and ridiculously low and he doesnt even have them all the way down!
its more the pics and opinions im looking for here cause like i am a complete perfectionist so even if there was buget ones I probably wouldnt get them.
It would only be if say there was a £300-400 option I might look at that!

White Sti Hatch
My old mk3 on Weitecs and custom rear springs.

IMG_3480.jpg

Clio 1.2 tce
ooo dear god mate! That thing looks absolutly epic!!!! whats that dropped? like 100-120 at the back? :S and what at the front?

White Sti Hatch
Weitec state that it was a 70mm drop front and rear on standard spring so would be 70mm Front and roughly 120mm rear (Customs were made to give an extra 50mm drop over standard)

Clio 1.2 tce
awww right ok! a fair drop at the back then! haha
ap claim 90 at the front with helpers still in and 75 at the back! so with the adjuster wacked out cause i wont be raising it up like it would be around 100 maybe at the back.
how much was it to get the custom springs?

White Sti Hatch
that's the one I've driven ;)

And for how low it is the ride is mint wouldn't you say ?

awww right ok! a fair drop at the back then! haha
ap claim 90 at the front with helpers still in and 75 at the back! so with the adjuster wacked out cause i wont be raising it up like it would be around 100 maybe at the back.
how much was it to get the custom springs?

I honestly for the life of me remember how much the springs set me back :/ you wont get that low on Standard springs and i wouldn't advise running the front any lower....sump/subframe aint far from the deck at that !

Clio 1.2 tce
i bought a set of the custom springs about 3 weeks ago and it was £105 all in

Just for the back 2?

and yea ino i wont get that low but all in good time! will still be pretty close! just wana see that i wont be wasting my money and not getting remotely low is what im saying!
yea well i like the ways yours is practically flat looking, dont want reverse rake on it.

White Sti Hatch
Just for the back 2?

and yea ino i wont get that low but all in good time! will still be pretty close! just wana see that i wont be wasting my money and not getting remotely low is what im saying!
yea well i like the ways yours is practically flat looking, dont want reverse rake on it.

Only way to waste your money trying to lower a Mk3 is to buy a set of springs instead of coilovers !

Clio 1.2 tce
Only way to waste your money trying to lower a Mk3 is to buy a set of springs instead of coilovers !
haha good stuff! got a few plans for it n done a fair bit already but lowering is somthing iv put off cause of the money and roads i usualy drive on but they have changed now so coils are now my number 1 priority!

Clio 1.2 tce
Dynamic S - 16" wheels and wider front arches bout all thats different bout it.
yea thats what i thought n thought they were the 16" that came with my car, mines the SX so has the we body kit on it. lookin at your pic and imagining my side skirts on it it would be sitting stance!

Black Clio GT
-45mm suspension kits look well for a round £300ish and are more of a suttle drop but if your after lows/adjustability then its got to be ap coilovers and custom rear springs.
to get any sort of stance on the standard wheels you will need big spacers front and rear with some negative camber set up....

just spent £1k for you lol.......

Clio 1.2 tce
haha nah i like the kit on it, dont like the clios standard without it to be honest!
yours looks well cause its soo low but normal clios im not really a fan of!

Clio 1.2 tce
-45mm suspension kits look well for a round £300ish and are more of a suttle drop but if your after lows/adjustability then its got to be ap coilovers and custom rear springs.
to get any sort of stance on the standard wheels you will need big spacers front and rear with some negative camber set up....

just spent £1k for you lol.......

certainly!
aye needs to be decked!!! and yes already plan on getting spacers but want to see what it looks like on its arse first before deciding on how spaced out they need to be.
Dont have the standard 16" on anymore, have 17" momos, looks really well with them on!

MK3, RX450H.
I have a 59 plate Clio and I was going to lower mine on coilovers..
Instead of spending £650+ for a lowering amount of around 40mm I brought some springs for £120 that lowered my car 45mm all round. Looks the part now.

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
I'd highly recommend the weitecs :D Handle really well and comfortable enough :) Although there was a boy lived near me with 60mm springs heated and compressed and it sat pretty low too

White Sti Hatch
I have a 59 plate Clio and I was going to lower mine on coilovers..
Instead of spending £650+ for a lowering amount of around 40mm I brought some springs for £120 that lowered my car 45mm all round. Looks the part now.

Yet is still as high as a 4x4....

Lowering springs are a waste of time on MK3s. Save, save and save some more and get some coilies.

Black Clio GT
i personally think -45mm looks the part and is still practical with a kit on (mine scrapes over speed humps)
i agree that they look awesome decked without a kit on though!!

MK3, RX450H.
So half a ton of s**t in your boot no wonder it sitting there.....cheating btw......

Never been s**t, over £1.5k worth. Having bass to music is something I love.
Maybe you don't like it, doesn't bother me if you do or not. You aint me..

Clio 1.2 tce
I'd highly recommend the weitecs :D Handle really well and comfortable enough :) Although there was a boy lived near me with 60mm springs heated and compressed and it sat pretty low too

also a lot dearer than the ap's tho and the ap seem to go lower i think! still doin research at the min and seeing what i can get!

and about the clio on 45mm springs to be fair it does look at least 70mm down lol

Homo spec mazda
No way is that on springs and that low, not being funny but thats lower then mine was on coilovers with the adjuster out.