ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold air feed on standard airbox

clio 172 cup
Hi, just after some ideas on the cold air feed on my standard airbox, iv tried it without the pipe on it and the sound is addictive, but im not sure its best for overall power, just wondering how long to make the cold air feed n where to route it to, also what diameter piping/material used, or weather to just cut the standard hose that goes to the horn shorter. Thanks

106 GTI
Hi, just after some ideas on the cold air feed on my standard airbox, iv tried it without the pipe on it and the sound is addictive, but im not sure its best for overall power, just wondering how long to make the cold air feed n where to route it to, also what diameter piping/material used, or weather to just cut the standard hose that goes to the horn shorter. Thanks

No need to cut it shorter just pull it out and rest it on the chasis,if your fussy you could cable tie it in place

clio rs mk2 ph1
hi, you can buy airinletpipe at ebay
and replace the standard pipes which are a too narrow with bigger hoses and lead them to the place behind your bumper.

I have done that, but after a few weeks I removed it because the spiral inside the inletpipes began to rust :( (neoprene air ducts)
I bought a K&N typhoon inlet.
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1135/dsc00479cw5.jpg

much better sounding and much better looking than original with bigger pipes.

Attachments

• typhoon.jpg
    typhoon.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 140
  clio rs mk2 ph1
I've got a silver one, how it's like??
well when my girlfriend drives (she shifts gear at 3000rpm), you don't hear the difference.
but when I'm driving (on the good side of 3000rpm full throttle) it gives a great roar, much louder than standard, I LIKE it hahahaha.

I can't feel much powerdifference, standard inlets with upgraded inlethoses give also good cold airflow.

just wanted to get that bulky plastic bucket out and a nicer looks/sound.:cool:
bought it on ebay 218gbp,not cheap but excelent quality

greets arjan