ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colesy's budget 182 track car

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Now I'm not usually very good at stuff like this but thought it would be good for me to track my progress of how the car is coming along.
My 182 was my daily for a year then it came off the road and sat in my garage. Then I decided I needed a track car to go alongside my race car. It's currently away having the safety devices RO17 cage fitted. I decided this would be sufficient for me as I don't have a desire to race this one as I've got the ZR for that!
I've got ready to fit an OMP bucket seat with scroth 6 point harness and Sparco 330mm steering wheel. It's going to be a fast road/track day car so I'm going to be keeping the cup suspension with cooksports for now. I've fitted some Pure Motorsport 10mm stub axle spacers, and running 15mm spacers on the front. I've fitted some camber bolts on the front. I need to order a stud/nut conversion from PMS. I'm going to be running standard 16's on track primarily because I've got a surplus of used Dunlop direzzas from the race car in the right size. It's being setup by Preptech UK who are also fitting the cage. It's also already for brembo hc discs with ferodo DS2500 pads.

I'll most likely get some ktec or vibratecnic engine mounts, a/c delete, and replace all bushes with genuine ones. Don't want any polybushes in this one! All to be decided though.
I've fitted new door cards from @RS-doorcards. Really easy to fit and look great, recommend them!
Once all the interior is done and cage is in I'll whip the engine out, sort the leaky sump, maybe fit some arp rod bolts and fit a new clutch.
Anyway sorry for rambling now I hope it all makes sense! Once I've got the car back I'll have better updates and a lot more pictures.
Cheers for reading
Sorry for the pictures all being at the bottom, I can't find a decent image host at the moment, doesnt help with doing it on my phone!

Attachments

• IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    303 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 113

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Finally have some progress!!
Picked the Clio up yesterday from having the cage fitted, it's the older RO17 safety devices full cage. Perfect for my needs!
Also while there it was there I had some harness mounts welded in and flush aero catches fitted!
Will have some more progress later on today and some pictures.