ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Collecting Cars Merc World

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Myself & a couple of others will be attending the Collecting Cars Coffee Run on the 4th of Dec if anyone else fancy this & doing a convoy.

You have to register to attend and i dont think you can just turn up.

Link for the event and to register.

Please put your name below and then we can arrange a meeting before to drive down.

FB_IMG_1635877821600.jpg

Clio Williams 3
Just seen this. As its one of the very rare occasions I wont be working I've put my name down. I live quite near to Brooklands but would be happy to roll in with you guys if you are meeting up somewhere near it!?

Do you know if its free or is there any kind of entry fee??

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen this. As its one of the very rare occasions I wont be working I've put my name down. I live quite near to Brooklands but would be happy to roll in with you guys if you are meeting up somewhere near it!?

Do you know if its free or is there any kind of entry fee??

Im sure its free mate and i have made no plans to meet up etc,feel free to arrange something.I will be coming from Essex so will coming from the Watford side.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Signed myself up for this. My car is in winter 116d mode so I won't be parking at the front of house I'm sure

Unsure quite how else one is meant to attend without a vehicle as per the form though :ROFLMAO:

Everyone gonna be wearing a name badge, tripoddin' t-shirt and their scruffiest merrels too ?

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Just waiting on confirmation the R26 will be mapped and ready to use by then could be up for this. Taken clio if the road following a big crash in my wife's car that done my back in and driving the track car is really uncomfortable.
Assuming a meg would be OK to bring.

Attachments

• 20211107_085744.jpg
    20211107_085744.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 8
  Clio Williams 3
Im sure its free mate and i have made no plans to meet up etc,feel free to arrange something.I will be coming from Essex so will coming from the Watford side.
Cool free is my favourite price!;) I think there is a Starbucks just as you come off J10 of the M25 if anyone is up for a meet up there??

steve99ben

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I had a look on google maps and there is brooklands community park & skate park that has a car park no far from merc world. Don’t know what it’s like but maybe central for meeting up.

steve99ben

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve marked junction 10 & 11 M25 and put a red circle where the car park if not there a train station Byfleet & new haw which has a car park and halfway between both junctions31360FC1-8E16-4DF2-AE7F-A9C442DAAD56.jpeg

steve99ben

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sweet what sort of time? Could meet from 8 till 8.30 then head over to merc world which is only a few mins away unless we’re stuck behind 300 cars @MrBlonde

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for thinking of me mate - this year however is a wipeout, the Clio's gearbox has developed a wine so I've parked it up in a huff and the bmw is sorn.... which leaves a Citroen C4 or a hybrid Lexus..... Don't think I could manage to talk myself into driving either of those anywhere let alone for a car meet 😪

Would love to come and talk rubbish at a similar meet with you all next year though!

PS - I've never actually been to an organised car coffee thing so need to pull my finger out, I think the last was when I was 18, in an Ikea carpark with a Ford Sierra probably trying to do donuts around a trolley or something retarded.

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers for thinking of me mate - this year however is a wipeout, the Clio's gearbox has developed a wine so I've parked it up in a huff and the bmw is sorn.... which leaves a Citroen C4 or a hybrid Lexus..... Don't think I could manage to talk myself into driving either of those anywhere let alone for a car meet 😪

Would love to come and talk rubbish at a similar meet with you all next year though!
@Sir_Dave is turning up looking like a fat version of me, in a copy cat version of my old car FFS..

You'll be fine ! Park the family runabout round the back and come say hi.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
Really annoyed I can't go to this, I work down the road in Weybridge. Very familiar with the area and Benz World, hope the event goes well and that there will be a next one.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mines disgusting (but not as bad as that!!) I'm wondering whether to bother washing it ! If we're just in a car park or a field there's absolutely no point is there !?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Same,i think with it real dirty may look cool in a way.Im not sure on how its going to work with parking,i guess a car park being its at Merc World🤷🏼‍♂️ @TheEvilGiraffe

Thats just 3 days worth of driving,i live in a village so have the dirty back roads to deal with this time of year.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Hope you had a good meet, Step daughter tested positive for covid yesterday and although I'm negative I didn't want to put anyone at risk.