ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coded Bump Strips/ Bullets (lack of)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport
Right.. so I'm wanting colour coded ones to match in with my standard coloured mirrors, may even investigate door handles.
I know my paint code (Platinum 632) and was wondering if it's possible to use ones off another model.. ?

Do 1*2's exist in the same shade of silver...? (Got a funny feeling they're different...)

And if so, are the strips even the same shape?

Or to get the same colour would I have to do it the long way round with the old wet and dry and a can of paint?

(pic of car for colour reference)
zk242e.jpg

9327_145488311815_572601815_3153932_2053124_n.jpg

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Ph1 172's came with unpainted plastic side strips and bumpers too mate.

Afaik the Ph2 side strips fit but 172/182's were never done in that colour only Titanium (647) and Iceburg (640)

Huh? Ph1 172's had full painted bumpers.

You won't be able to fit a 172 front bumper straight on, you need 172 wings, arch liners and side skirts too. You'll be best off just colourcoding what you've already got on the car :)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport

Afaik the Ph2 side strips fit but 172/182's were never done in that colour only Titanium (647) and Iceburg (640)

Thanks, been looking for them on ebay and such like but not having any luck so far...

So what's the easiest way to remove them without snapping any clips and what not? Take it you don't have to strip door panels and such?