ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coding a silver expression

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
thinking of colour coding my 2001 mk2 ph2 clio expression 1.2, its silver with the black front/rear bumpers and bump strips and sh1tty rear "spoiler"

whats the way to do it? buy ones from a clio sport? how much am i looking at and are they easy to fit.

can they just be sprayed? wont look as good?

can i get some of your opinions on this guys, how did you do it... ease and cost 2 big factors :p

cheers

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Renault boy how do u pop the black pieces off the bumpers?? i kno how to get the side 1's off ..

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
its just clipped onto the bumpers...its easier if you take the bumper off and then you can just pop the plastic bumpstrips out

Punto/Clio GTT
if you aint ever sprayed anything before, or have a general idea of the principle of prepping/painting, then really.. dont bother trying it yourself.

just take them to a bodyshop and get everything you want done at the same time.

if you want a guide on how to spray them i can help, ive just colour coded my moms wing mirrors, 4x door strips, a boot lock thing, door handles and fog surrounds.

im in the process of spraying a pretty big spoiler too, with aerosols, ill get pics up when its done.

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
do they look as good sprayed tho, can u tell they have been sprayed? how much would a bodyshop charge (roughly)

Punto/Clio GTT
all down to personal oppinion and tastes.

but ide say the single most popular modifiction to cars besides wheels is colour coding.

dunno what you mean if you can tell if theyhave been sprayed, theyll be a different colour so obviously? if you mean tell if sprayed badly then no, most bodyshops are decent and will do a decent job.

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
yeah sorry i meant is it gona be blatantly obvious they have been sprayed or will they just look like... say a 172 silver bumper

They can do some colour matching or they read your paint code in the
engine bay, probably be a bit more shiny than the paint thats been on ya car for a few years. just find some muddy puddles to cover it up and get a worn in look, lol

renault clio 1.2 16v
Mate Im doing Pretty Much the exact same thing to you, i have an expression which to be fair is good because it means i can do it up from basic, but anyway.
I've ordered the dynamique spoiler, which is abs plastic not painted and I'm sanding that and respraying blardy blah
mite do the same to the front panels of my wing mirrors
would be interested to see how the bits of your car look, keep me posted mate. what colour is ures?
mines cherry red. cant wait till my spoiler comes wooo! :p

"Navy" N17 TWO
Always ment to ask, how do you let the spray-painted parts dry without dust falling on top?