ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Come on experts please can you help me??

Renault Clio 16v
Just had my steering rack replaced with a refurbished one and the steering is now perfect with no play at all, however my 16v has always suffered with a vibration noise/grinding noise when turning left only so when the rack was being done I had the inner and outer boots (nearside) replaced with new renault ones but the problem is still there!! also I now have a vibration/grinding noise when the car is going in a straight line!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is going on?????????????????

Andy

Renault Clio 16v
Could it not be an engine mount that is knackered so therefore the engine is moving more and rubbing up against something causing a vibration sound??

Andy

Nissan 200sx s14,clio 16v
i dont know if this is true i heard it a while back, if your cv joints are knackered when turning left, then its the right side thats knackered, and vice versa!!​

Renault Clio 16v
The problem wasn't any of the above but the engine heat shield had slipped and was rubbing on the power steering rack.

Andy