ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer help.

I'll start off with its a new install of windows 7 pro and brand new hard drive from western digital. All drivers installed nothing else.

The problem is that from pressing the power button it takes a minute for the screen to turn onto the NVIDIA xfx splash screen (bios)

What can cause this?

I'm running a geforce 8300 mobo, and and athlon x2 7750 black.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

gdw

RS Clio 172
Make sure Quickboot is enabled, make sure the primary graphics card is selected to. (If it as on-board and dedicated)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Take the cmos battery out for 30 secs (watch battery), put it back in, go into the bios make sure you gfx card is selected as main and your boot priority is correct. this will remove all of the settings and put it back to default removing all overclocks and other settings.

You could also check with nvidia for motherboard updates but i strongly recommend you only do this is you are confident and it is the last resort.

If you havent overclocked yet are you going to and if you have what clock speed have you hit?

Don't think ill be attempting a oc. The mobo has the option via BIOS and a switch next to the vga output but I've not got the cooling capabilities nor the patience LOL

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk