ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Concealing stone chips

PH2 172
My bonnet is littered with stonechips on my Iceburg PH2. I've picked up a touch up pen from Renault, but on the couple of chips I've tried I don't really like the look it gives. It just looks like I've painted over them, rather than concealing them.

Short of a respray, is there anything better to conceal the chips?

Shed.
Wet sanding.

You need to paint the chips like you have been doing, you then need some wet or dry sand paper (3000 grit) which has been soaked in fairy and water for 24 hours or so and sand it untill it's got a level surface again. you then need to polish the sanding marks out. Do this with scratch X and a foam applicator pad by hand.

Alternativly you can do what ive been doing and mask them with a colour polish. Mine are very small and painting will take forever lol.

PH2 172
Thanks, I may have a go wet sanding over the weekend. I will have a go with a cocktail stick too, as the brush definately seemed to apply it too thick.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ If they are only chips or small scratches just polish with something like Meguiars scratch X or Carlack68 by hand .

106 GTi
Never had any problems with the Renault Touch up sticks and the colour match seems good, grab a fine artists paint brush from a local art shop to apply.