ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confused with my new buy 172 exclusive!!

172 exclusive no 172
If what i can see fro different places the phase 2 172 sports came out in spring 2001.

My phase 1 way registered and sold may 2001. I have spoke to the lady who first owned the car 63 year old lady. drove 8000 miles in 4 years, all documented :)
Next owner was a white haired lady that has driven it up to opnly 34451 in 7 years..

When i placed the pics on line somebody stated that the car had phase 2 lights on it... and i also noticed under the seat there is not a cd changer, but just a storage area for paperwork etc. Is it possible that the car has a few parts from a phase 2 172 due to its late production date?
Also found this about the clios change over which is making me do a lot more investigation, any one else got a later number exclusive with any other changes as standard?

A major facelift occurred in the spring of 2001 (Generation II, Phase 2) which saw the exterior restyled (most visibly the headlights were made more angular), the interior quality improved and a 1.5 L
common rail Diesel engine added

I'm going to bet either son or grandson has pinched the cd changer to sell and that the rear lights were his idea.

Ph2 rear lights are common mod.

Cd changer been nicked/sold

Last exclusives sold after the ph2 was introduced.

172 exclusive no 172
After a deeper look through the receipts, the tail lights were changed 1 year after the car was first registered. The original tail lights was cracked and was replaced buy the first owner for phase 2:eek:
I have found the CD changer as well... I was looking at phase 2 172 before this and checked under the passenger seat only, its under the drivers seat in my car........:eek::eek:

Good thing is that i washed the car for the first time and getting some pictures up loaded now...