ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting iphone 4 to clio 182 headunit

Clio 172 Mk2
Hey folks

My mate has just got an iphone 4 and wants to connect it to his standard headunit. He has a clio 182 2004. What's the easiest way to connect it up and is it possible? I've seen devices that sit in your glove compartment but he doesnt want this. In theory is there simply a cable you can get that you can leave hanging down somewhere so you connect the iphone up near the dash and control the songs from the iphone itself?

Last edited:
  Vauxhall Frontera
the connects2 is probably the easiest and the cable can be fed wherever you want. I'd check whether is works with iphone 4 though.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
My set up is

Tuner list stereo
To connects2 box
To Noise Suppressor
To RCA to 3.5mm
To Tomtom IPhone holder!

Bit protracted but works well and sat nav etc through car speakers

Ph1 - 172
If hes looking for a Jack to Jack style cable connection that goes straight into the back of the head unit then no, there is not one available.

With iPhone4 i would suggest the Connects2 item with the 5V convertor as the cheap easy option or the Dension gateway lite for the best quality option. Both have a PCB that has to be mounted but this does not need to be on show.