ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connects2/radio stalk not working

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Im pulling my hair out, I've fitted a connects2 ctarnipod003.2 but my ipod disconnects from it constantly when turning the ignition off.
Also my steering wheel stalk is intermittent at best, checked the plug which is ok. Any ideas?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
When you turn the ignition off does it turn off, then go into a charge state? Which device are you using as the original ones have 12v and you need a 12v-5v converter for the device to charge.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It's a ctarnipod003.2 and I'm using it on an ipod nano 7th generation with lightening connector.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It sometimes doesn't pause when turning the ignition off either and other times it doesn't come back on when starting my car next day.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It sometimes doesn't pause when turning the ignition off either and other times it doesn't come back on when starting my car next day.
Something definitely not right there. Especially if it only pauses sometimes and doesn't come on on occasions. Serious thing...have you tried a soft reset on the device?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've not to be honest, I was wondering if the fact my stalk is playing up may be part of the issue.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I've not to be honest, I was wondering if the fact my stalk is playing up may be part of the issue.

Does the stalk work fine with the stereo as it is?
Is the connection to the stereo from the stalk in tact and not disconnected/damaged?
I say this with Apple devices (and Android) as sometimes my Ipod Touch has a few mental moments, so I force a soft reset on it and normal service is resumed.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
The stalk is dodgy minus the connects2, plug is ok so it must be a wire but I'm unsure how much dash needs removing to fit a new one. It must be the wiring as if I pull the radio out 2" it's OK, can't see any snags or trapped wires.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah I wonder if as the radio is pushed back the final bit the cable is pushing the plug out of position. It doesn't have the most positive connection. Could I get a new plug?

SQ5
Yea, which plug is it, I'll chop one off and send it to you if you cover postage, you can solder or crimp on a longer length then

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Mine was working when fitted. Now the stalk doesn't work and the iPod doesn't stop playing (when started manually) when the car is turned off...but it does still charge. Would be interesting to know if a connects2 problem ( ie broken) or something needs resetting (same happens no matter the iPod used...yes I've tried 3).

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My first connects2 was faulty (wouldn't play through right hand speakers?) this one is less than great so in pretty unimpressed with them

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Thanks DannyR, I've been looking at it tonight and I think it is just the larger bundle of cables pushing the stalk plug over just at the last moment when putting the radio in.
If I cant stop it I will take you up on the offer.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Funny you should say that, I've got the usual failed hazard switch