ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

converting a valver to a 2.0 16v meagne engine

clio 172 cup and valver
ive got a 1.8 16v clio and a T reg megane 2.0 16v i have now got the engine in driveshafts gearlinkage etc the only problem ive got is wiring the thing in has anyone ever done this conversion before i have both cars still so ive still got all the parts
thanks adam

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
you'll need the ecu unlocking otherwise you'd need to use decoder etc off the megane,i,ve got a megane engine in mine but i've modified the inlet manifold so i can run the valver throttle body and used the valver loom

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
the 2.0 16v F7R Megane engine is 150bhp
the 1.8 16v engine is 135bhp
correct me if im wrong

eh??

We're on about the facelift megane coupe 2.0 engine. The guy said he's got a 2.0 Megane engine to go in, we're trying to establish which age megane it came out of.

BMW 118 M SPORT
im sorry, but i assumed when he said T reg, meant it was made in 1999, would mean its a 2.0 16v F7R phase 1 model....is he talking about the phase 2 IDE instead as i thought they were made after in the yr 2000

ValverInBits
the main difference between them is the megane runs a different ignition setup without a distributor.
If you have the whole car, I'd literally try and transplant everything. Try and work out what it needs to get the immobiliser working or get the ECU unlocked.

clio 172 cup and valver
hi guys its the 150bhp engine not the IDE engine. is it the same loom that fits the williams engine?