ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksports fitted, now tyres rubbing on arch liners.

FF 182
So i had my Cooksports fitted yesterday, along with new dampers. Took it for a spin and noticed the front tyres rubbing on the arch liners, mainly on full lock left and right. Got home and had a look and the tyres are catching on this bit (first pic in step 2, bit that bulges out) http://www.cliosport.net/content/guides/fubar/bumper_guide.pdf. Is that bit that bulges out normal?

Im on trophy turinis, with cup packed dampers (FF 182), no spacers and wasn't expecting any rubbing. The tyres dont catch a great deal, but still its not ideal obviously.

Is it just a case of butchering the liner a bit to solve it?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yup same with me, but mine also rubs under very hard cornering. Tbh they do sit fairly low for standard shocks imo. I am however running 20mm spacers but ofc your trophy wheels are pushed out further in the arches compared to my cup turinis.

FF 182
Thought trophy turinis had a narrower stance?

Think i sorted it anyway. Took the wheels off and used some self tappers and washers to screw down that bulge.

Rather than start a new thread i noticed that the dust covers havent been fitted to the new front dampers. Are they essential?

impreza wagon S2000
Thought trophy turinis had a narrower stance?

Think i sorted it anyway. Took the wheels off and used some self tappers and washers to screw down that bulge.

Rather than start a new thread i noticed that the dust covers havent been fitted to the new front dampers. Are they essential?

If you mean the bump stops then yes...thats the reason you are scrubbing and it's an MOT failure iirc, some idiot left them off mine...

FF 182
I mean the covers that slot over the slider, the shiney shaft (ooo er) that compresses into the shock body.

However, i will check to see if the bump stops have been fitted aswell. Are they fitted to the top or bottom, so i know where to look.

Cheers.

impreza wagon S2000
I mean the covers that slot over the slider, the shiney shaft (ooo er) that compresses into the shock body.

However, i will check to see if the bump stops have been fitted aswell. Are they fitted to the top or bottom, so i know where to look.

Cheers.

they are an all in one unit no my 182 matie :)

FF 182
The stops and cover are probably in some landfill now, the springs were fitted last wednesday. Will have words with him tomorrow.