ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant and brake fluid change part of 36k service?

1.2 16v Mk 2 Ph 2 Extreme
Hello

Just a quick question about a 1.2 16v 36k service.
As above, are the coolant and brake fluid changes part of the 36k service?

On a dealer invoice from 2 years ago I've got:
R77 11 170 548 CONC COOL LAG 1L x1
R77 11 172 381 BRAKE FLUID 0.5L x2

Would they just be top-ups or a full change?

Thanks. :D

they're both due at 72k/4years (according to my handbook anyway)

it's highly unlikely (imo) that they would have touched a thing unless they'd been asked to. 1L of antifreeze is going to give you a very weak coolant solution if they did change it.

i'm guessing that they're just top-ups

no idea why they'd want to charge you for 2X 0.5L brake fluid if they didn't change it though..:quiet:

Hmmm I've no idea why they charged me for a litre of brake fluid at the 36k service then!

Thanks for both of your replies.

It looks as though my coolant and possibly the brake fluid could be five and a half years old. :eek:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to say how old is the car, if it was having the services done on time rather than mileage it would have been due because 36k is the 4th year service.

Hi,

It had the 36k service done on mileage but not at 36k...

18k service was done on age when it was 2 years old at 9k.
36k service was done on mileage, 18k later at 27k when it was 3.5 years old.

Its just had another minor service now at 45k 5.5 years old consisting of oil and filter change.

Diagnostics, a new UCH, and the minor service cost about 500 quid so I'm wondering now how I'm going to finance a timing belt/accessories belt/coolant and brake fluid change! I'm reluctant to get rid after spending so much recently :(