ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant bleed screw? How to tighten it?!!

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
sorry for a simple question:eek:

coolant is leaking out of the coolant bleed screw on the heater pipe. Any ideas what size tool is need to tighten it. It doesn't seem very obvious to me looks like some sort of socket is needed?

thanks

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Pants! it must definitely must not be the bleed screw then that im looking for. will post a pic when i get back home. Which may explain it better than words.

In words for now tho its a big buldge in a coolant hose with a little hole/ indentation in (it runs underneath round the rocker cover under the airbox, running out of the engine bay into the interior(which i assume is linked to the heater)). And for defo coolant is leaking at this buldge

Thanks for the reply much appreciated :cool: i get that pic up asap

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i'm sure what you are describing is the bleed screw

is it made of plastic?

it might have a cutout to fit a flat bladed screwdriver to tighten, but be careful as i say they are only made out of plastic

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS

its that big bulgy thingy (sorry) havent got a clue what it is or to stop coolant leaking out of it. Its coming out of the centre of the dip.:dapprove:

It seems to be made out of plastic but the head on it is flat and is very hard to get to. Its very hard to get a good look at it too but it looks hexagonal round the edge less than 10mm diameter approx 6mm havent tried anything yet just wanted to know how to do it properly as i use the car everyday and last thing id want to do is mess something up.

I think this maybe a bleed screw of some sort id guess but at the end of the day im no mechanic thats for sure.

Last edited:
  F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
im guessing coolant is pissing out of it? like a constant flow? or just trickling out?

im not totally sure on this model of car, but it looks like you might be missing the bleed screw?

Megane dci 130
They have plastic screws which snap off for a past time. Looks like its been broken.

I normally drill the rest out carfully and fit a metal one from a Renualt 21 savanna.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
so its missing then? My mrs screw snapped of, i was lazy and filled the hole in with mj pro black

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
It may be missing as it broke! and filled in! theres apparently two on a D7F old 8 valver one on the rad hose which ive used before (thumb screw) haynes manual says theres one on the heater hose aswell.

Ill get to the scappy this weekend and do some investigating!

Thanks for the help, reckon might be onto something here.

Wondered really thinking to myself under the bonnet ''how the hell do i tighten that?!''

could i bodge it with black silicone as a temporary fix??... cough (is that what mj pro black is?)

Cheers much appreciated

p.s Liking the idea of the savanna plug btw :)

Last edited:
  MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
**Nah its not too bad really. Its just a small trickle out of it at the moment, nothing major but it needs the coolant topping up fairly regularly (talking a litre in the space of 2 or three months) and kept a check on. Its something Ive got used to living with to be honest but Id just like to get it sorted out really find it a bit annoying.

arr thats where the bleed screw is.
mine has snapped off too
i need to bleed the heaters
is there anymore bleed screws in the system? like on the rad or heater matrix?