ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant hose clamps and flushing

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Planning on swapping the header tank out on my car shortly and flushing the coolant through replacing with some nice new type D. Couple of questions for you guys. The radios hose clamps look pretty nasty now, I’d like to replace them at the same time. Does anyone have a source for some new ones? Ideally stainless and a list of the sizes needed? Or has everyone now replaced the OEM ones with jubilee clips or similar? Secondly any hacks or tips for effective flushing of the coolant system? Just a case of dropping the lower hose each time and flushing through with clean water?

Thanks

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Did the same last year. Get the front vallance off, then undo the horrible rusty clips, drain radiator, hose running for 10 mins, then jubilee clips back on

Fill slowly, i used PRESTONE as you can add it to anything

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Chaps, that’s the plan. Just wanted to check there is no hidden hurdles. Plan is to drop lower hose dump the coolant hose pipe up the hose (oh er) give the old girl a colonic irrigation. Then fill will water and run up to temp with heater on full. Dump and repeat... until clear!

So hose clamps swap out for jubilee clips then? Rather than source some stainless variants of the OE clamps?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Probably a little overkill but I would use Murray clamps on all parts of any pressurised system on my Evo.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I used micalor clamps when I fitted silicon hoses. I have a list of sizes on the thread I made

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Do you refit the little supporting bracket to the new silicone hoses that is under the battery?