ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant level

i had my clio serviced on saturday and he said there was the white mayo floating on the coolant he said he doesnt think its the headgasket but to keep an eye on it but to the actual question,he said he drained the coolant cleaned the system out and has refilled the coolant but noticed today after about a 30min journey the coolant level is above the maxi level (see pic)

image-33.jpg

is this ok when its hot or is the maxi level a maximum for hot or cold which is what i think it is,im sure before the service it was between min and maxi ,cheers

PH1 Track Car
thats fine, the min/max is there as a guide when cold, because it then expands when it gets hot (thats why its called an "expansion" tank)

PH1 Track Car
depends how much you overfill by, but the coolant has to have room to expand or it will just either break the expansion tank and youll lose your coolant, or split a weak pipe, and youll lose your coolant.

either way its not ideal!