ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant tank and power steering...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
As mentioned in another thread, my coolant tank is running on literally the bare minimum! Is it just water that goes in there or is it mixed with anything?

Also, it appears there's no fluids in my power steering bottle what-so-ever :eek: what do I need to put in there?

Thanks [/n00b]

www.renparts.co.uk
it will be mixed with coolant, but if it needs a slight top up just use water. However the cooling system should not be losing fluid. is there any crusty looking coolant around any of the pipework?

you need some PAS fluid as well and top it up, make sure not to overfill.

yeah the coolant is mixed with anti freeze, if its on min then id just top up with bit of water, if you do decide to get some anti freeze for it, it has to be the same anti freeze thats in their already as you cant mix different anti-freezes as the chemicals can do damage if mixed, so if you dont no what anti freeze is already in their then flush out and fill up from fresh.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay cheers guys, I think I'll top it up with water then for now, and see if it's looses it quickly or not, if so then I'll flush it and see if there's a problem!

With the PAS fluid, is that something I can pick up from Tesco's or do I need to go to a garage? Cheers ;)