ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corbeau Clubsport?

Clio 182
I'd be tempted by the Pole Positions, just by the fact that they will hold their value 2nd hand if you needed to sell. Where as the Clubsports will be worth naff all :neutral:

Purchased mine in 2015 for £300 brand new, sold them today for £350, so much demand for them!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Clubsport are under £400 for a pair. I doubt there will be much difference in how much you'd lose on them over 2years.
Pretty much. They're spot on for the money and cost £1000 less than the PPs I was looking at.
That spare money gets put back into the car anyway on some other bits. TBC.

R26.R & 200T
They're the best seat for the money. I had no flex in mine when fitted in my cup on Jon foz subframes.

They look very similar to PP without the price tag. Think there's a set in the classifieds now, they're usually on back order from Corbeau.

My previous setup:

View attachment 180934
Love the look of that with the standard belt, what are the seats like getting in and out.? My r26r ones are a pain

Love the look of that with the standard belt, what are the seats like getting in and out.? My r26r ones are a pain

Bit of a nack to it, didn't bother me but the mrs had choice words now and then haha.

They're a great seat, I've since sold the car and seats etc and have trendlines in my BG which aren't a patch on the clubsports obviously.
Best £300ish you'll spend IMO

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Clubsports are awesome imho. Good quality, light and very comfy. I've done 2 odd hours in one straight and still ok. Here's mine after being retrimmed in my cup:

IMG_0536.JPG

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
What have you done with the drivers belt buckle? Always thought if you had the belt over the top of the side of the seat it'd be too loose but fiddling and getting it through the side hole might get irritating ?

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
What have you done with the drivers belt buckle? Always thought if you had the belt over the top of the side of the seat it'd be too loose but fiddling and getting it through the side hole might get irritating ?
Had to make a custom bracket with spacers. Belt fits nice and tight with no issues:

IMG_0538.JPG

Might need to increase the spacer a little bit on the drivers side.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I had this setup when i had clubsports for the buckle. Didn't like having the buckle bolted to the side of the seat, as the seats are just fibreglass.
IMG_20161210_145512_zpsnef3r0r8.jpg

I really liked these seats and may get them again. I did find the shoulder wings a little too rounded forwards for me on long distance drives, and they needed a little more padding ideally as i used to get a numb bottom. I also felt the bottom flexing on bumps which would result in the seat springing me upwards, but this was only on bumpy roads (i weighed about 15 stone at the time).

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
The amount of flex that these have is pretty mental, I certainly wouldn't put my trust in them in a big shunt, appreciate they are still made by corbeau but you get what you pay for. I had considered them but after trying them in a couple of cars I deceided against them and went for something else

172 LB Clio
Mine were very flexible until I ditched the runners. Alot more solid once fixed down in place. Wouldn't mind getting a larger front cushion that the back of my legs rest on as mines a bit flat. The padding is a bit thin but they are good seats.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
They do seem very flexible, I tried sitting in one before bolting it into the car and was very concerned about the flex. Seem to remember asking on here about it actually. But once bolted in they're not too bad. Like i Said above, i just had a bit of flex in the bottom when gravity forced me into the seat because of going over big bumps or hill.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I love clubsports, had them in my car for over a year and a bit now. They're very very comfy. Me and the gf did ~800 miles around wales in them over a course of a week and we had absolutely no complaints.

They are flexy with the standard sliders but once removed they are much more solid. I've got some decent evidence on that from track day videos. Have a look below.

With sliders

Without sliders

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
I just purchased a set to go in my Clio I drove with a pair fitted to my friends Clio and found them to be fine and I am not really the smallest man In the world,and they drove nice much Better then the standard seats for support,so If you have been driving around with the standard Clio seats and not died yet Looool you will fine with the Corbeau seats.SJ.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I agree you get what you pay for. But for under a grand retrimmed I'd say they are a real bargain.

Mine have just been delayed. Found out today 😧
Late April now 😧

I've been told mine may be late April early may :coldsweat:

I love clubsports, had them in my car for over a year and a bit now. They're very very comfy. Me and the gf did ~800 miles around wales in them over a course of a week and we had absolutely no complaints.

They are flexy with the standard sliders but once removed they are much more solid. I've got some decent evidence on that from track day videos. Have a look below.

With sliders

Without sliders

Thanks for these two vids... now I'll see if I can get the car setup without sliders :smile:

chris carenduff

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 clio 197
Lovely mate! Where in Glasgow are you? Never seen that about (unless its a track car only?)!
Hi m8, sorry just seen this! It is my track car but road legal lol, I stay in riddrie . Have a 197 for my daily driver. Are you local ? ☺

R26.R & 200T
Photos of them fitted in a 200. I agree with the flex comment, no where near as robust as my Sabalt seats in the Trophy, but certainly look good and i like the fact they adjust without unbolting...........
Are they standard size or XL mate? and what they like for getting in and out of?

Clio Sport 182
Can i ask the people that they using them with the factory seat belts to put some picture to have a look how the buckles are mounted on the seat?

Thanks

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Recaro Pole Position in my car, but you get the idea of how to run OE belts with them.
Off picture, but they just run through the 6-point hole at the bottom side, then out to the mounting points the belts use.

IMG_4438.JPG