ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cordless SIP Phone

500bhp Scoob
Hi,
Just moved into my new flat on thursday, and just finishing off the last bits... I'm planning on using a SIP phone instead of paying out for a land line. I'm currently using a Grandstream Budgetone BT-101 but I would like to upgrade to a cordless system.

I've been looking at the Siemens Gigaset C460 IP phone which supports SIP.

Anyone had any dealings with them? cheapest I can find is about £75

If anyone has any other recommendation on a cordless solution, then please share :) I hate the Budgetone's poor audio quality but the name says it all, it was cheap at the time.

I'm currently with Sipgate as they seem pretty good, and give a free incomming number

Cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The Siemens is a great setup.

Im using that at work.
Works very well but not as many features as i would have liked.

Sipgate are still having issues with DTMF tones so the phone still plays up sometimes.

Also as you wont be having a phone line you will loose soem functionality as the Siemens is a dual line phone. (SIP/PSTN)

Will you be using NTL/Blueyonder - now Virgin Media as your internet supplier then?

500bhp Scoob
Yea, already got 10mbit BY in the flat :) well as you say Virgin Media its cheap ;)

I just didn't want to be paying the extra for a phone line, when I already have a SIP phone, which has a really nice and easy to learn number.