ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Correct bulbs for the 172 dash clock

clio 172
Hi

I have tried searching for the correct bulbs and came across one post that suggested I need T5 bulbs for the clock dash. Its a mrk II 172.

Before taking the whole dash off can anyone confirm 100% what type of bulb I need for this job and where to source the bulb eg Halfrauds or Renault direct?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
you can get them from halfords.... t5 capless wedge bulb is what you want. they look like this:
1281591543777_hz-cnmyalibaba-web2_4727.jpg

when i had to get them, there were 2 types of wattage. i think its the higher wattage you want, but dont quote me on that

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
also, there are 2 of the same type in the heater/air conditioning controls. they sit in one of these (509T twist lock holder) and plug in. but you wont need this since there in the car already:
DSCF3327.JPG

clio 172
Great! Many thanks mforan this will save a lot of hassle. For the cost of these I will probably buy both and just return the ones I didnt use. For the amount of bulbs I have replaced so far these are the last to be done. Cant wait to have the electrics all up to scratch again!

clio 172
Where these the capsules about half a centimeter wide or the tiny ones? I got the 12v that are about half a centimeter wide as all the other interior bulbs were this size. The kiddy in Halfords thought it might be the tiny ones but there are only about 1.2v. I dought it would be those as it has to give out a fair amount of light.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
if it looks like this:
!B,m7UQg!2k~$(KGrHqYH-D!Eqv(VDE8IBKsQT2QbOQ~~_1.JPG

then that is wrong.

i think you need one of the above for the courtesy light near sunroof tho.

the ones you need are about 4mm by 1.5cm or there abouts