ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corsa VXR - Pics & some thoughts

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Had a look at one of these before i got my 172 (The cheaper more sensable Choise as no finance) I was very dissapointed with the build quality, but not as dissapointed as when I looked at the Fiesta ST which looked like the dash was made out of a rcycled wheely bin.

For all the moaning Non-Renault owners do about poor french build quality Id take a renault over both the ford and Vauxhall

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
having a 172 before the corsa i looked at the 197 and was very impressed with the dash/build q of it. wouldnt say it was any better or worse than the vaux. a lot better than my 172 was

Grabbed a pic of one on track a few weeks back, looks a bit odd imo, actually kind of tall and narrow (which it isn't really), 182 shot for comparison below, haven't got one of a 197 from the same spot yet...

281614514_WGTRq-L.jpg

281602556_3gHXP-L.jpg

i'd have the cup any day :)

Agree with you there, and at least it has a water temperature gauge.

Lol :)

By the time the water light comes on the damage is probably done :(

And f**k paying over 10k for a Corsa :(

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Agree with you there, and at least it has a water temperature gauge.

Lol :)

By the time the water light comes on the damage is probably done :(

And f**k paying over 10k for a Corsa :(

To be honest I never looked at the temp gauge in my 172 and my tdi mondeo.

Focus RS doesn’t have one nor does the Astra vxr. And my mates Cupra-R never moves from the middle position (even with a remap)

I Don’t really see the need for one too. Just a bit of common sense is needed. ----Don’t rag it when cold (like you would do on any car – even a n/a) don’t sit in a traffic jam for a hour at 30oc with the engine running!

I’m sure Vaux know what they are doing anyhow

Like I said anyway if you must have it. it can be displayed on the radio panel.

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I wouldn't say paying over £10k for a Corsa was worse than for a Clio to be honest. Horses for courses :)

Dan

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I would like to have a drive of one tbh. Turbo in small hatch would be quite fun i reckon.

I just can't get over the stigma that newms said: all young lads in Chelmsford ragging the tits off it.

I just can't like the styling of it...

BMW M3
I had a skeet at a local dealer and its just cheap inside. Exterier wise, I think it has an over modified look about it.

Awful things

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
theyve got a very high shoulder line, looks good in the guise in first pic, few shockers on the road with the bawmeet small alloys.

i quite like em, but the dials are a bit shite and the fabric in the recaros is awful!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Seems a lot aren’t for the corsa interior!! Seems odd to me. If there is one thing I much prefer between the VXR and the competitors is the inside, by a long way.

I think its a lot nicer

each to there own and all that.
2007_Ford_Fiesta_Fusion_SE_3.jpg

imagegallery27.jpg

vxrinside.jpg

Last edited:

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
No climate or xenons as standard and Darth Vaders helmet for a stereo.
Makes the 182 look well equipped

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Climate and Xenons, not standard on the 197 either :)

Dan

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a lot aren’t for the corsa interior!! Seems odd to me. If there is one thing I much prefer between the VXR and the competitors is the inside, by a long way.

I think its a lot nicer

each to there own and all that.
I'd describe it as fiddly.

clio 172,astra 1.6, rs125
i quite like them tbh got one in at work and it gets alot of attention