ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost for wheel bearing in Renault

Anyone had this done recently?

And should they both be done at the same time or just leave the other one till it goes?

Thanks

Ken

MKII Vee

Not sure of the price, but I think mines going as well, does it make a low whining noise, and get louder when you turn ??:confused:

As soon as I go above about 40 it sounds like a deep hum that gets a bit louder till 70 then is drowned out by road noise/wind. I have noticed it get a bit louder when I turn right (its the back left one thats going)

I had to phone the garage this morning to book it in. Problem was I didnt know the German word for hum and when the guy asked what it did I was like, when I go over 60kmh it goes hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Guy was wetting himself at the other end of the phone!!! :oops: Its booked in for next Wednesday though so pretty quick. :eek:

do them as axle sets, cause if one is away the other wont be far behind, they are £20 odd each to buy, both front and rear ideally need a press to change, other than that not to bad or time consuming a job

Renault Laguna Coupe

Cost is between £50 (small independent place) and £100 (Renault garage) per wheel, including the bearings. Get both changed if you can afford it. If ones gone the others probably sh*gged as well.

got my bearing for 15 quid!!! fitted it my self in about 1 1/2 with the wrong tools for the job! so i wud expect a pro wud take a 1 - 1 1/2 max! my local garage charges 15 pound a hour! so i guess about 30 - 45 quid depending on where u go!

Cost €132 (approx 80 pounds) all in but they only changed the broken one. They hada look at the other side and said it was fine and not to bother changing it yet.