ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of (probably) noddy questions

Hi All,

Ive had my Mk2 clio 172 for 5 months now. Very nice. Just a couple of questions:-

Is the exhaust stainless steel as standard (its always clicking and ticking after I switch off).

I read on this forum something about the throttle being fly by wire. Does this mean that my car doesnt have a throttle cable, but is electronically fed to the ECU ?

Thanks in advance for answers......

GR7

Shiny red R32

Hi Horace, what a brill name!! I might call my next Basset Hound Horace as it will match Hector!

Mine clicks as it cools down as well, so judging by the replies here, I guess it is pretty normal.

Trophy

GR,

You mean yours actually gets hot enough to tick!
You must have a long drive that you have to pull it down when you are going to polish it!

Mat.

Hi GirlRacer,

Yup Horace isnt the real name. I too have a Pearl Black. The reason I mention the clicking is that my 16 valver didnt do it, and that wasnt stainless steel. Probably been a dufus here, but is there any easy way to check that the exhaust is stainless steel ?

CTR EK9 turbo

Mine ticks really fast, especially when its been on a high speed burn. My 1.2 "16V" Courtesy Car doesnt tick. Maybe its just a 172 feature?