ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cover On Engine - Cup/172’s

LY R27

Hi all,

My cup just been into the garage and I noticed that a 172 had a cover over the engine (plastic surround, grey colour). My cup does not seem to have one of these, should it?. Any advise as I am getting increasingly pissed with Renault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clio Dci

mines the same, renault must think the cover is to heavy for the cup.

looks a lot better with the cover. hope this helps :)

where do you think the 2k price saving comes from!!

ask how much they cost at the parts desk! lol

Renault Laguna Coupe

You could buy mine if youd like one though - £2k?

Seriously, if you really want one Nick Hill will sell you a lovely colour-coded one just right for your car.

Mine is probably different from yourse but i found mine lying behind the radiator, it had snapped off. Lost my yellow oil cap too.

-Rob

The engine looks much better without the plastic cover, and youll have to lose it anyway when you fit the throttle bodies ...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

engine looks well smarter with the engine cover on it.. just tidies it up nicely.. the finishing touch if you like

Clio 197

Plastic bits on engines are silly really. Have you looked under the bonnet of a Merc or Audi lately? The whole engine is hidden under these enormous plastic covers.

I think the Cup/Ragnotti engine looks fine in the nude.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not silly at all,

You really think spoilers on cars do anything when your doing less than 80mph ?

Look at the porcshe whos spoiler only comes out of hiding when it does over 80mph.. otherwise its just uneeded drag.

Clio 197

Cuppy,

You are right. Why put something there that would just get throw away anyway...just like all the other bits they left out.

If they were Porsche, they would charge you extra to leave bits off.

Ed

They weigh 600kg! I weighed the one from my 172 when I look it off. Removing it will increase your power to weight ratio by approx. 0.003529bhp (really!). Might still have mine booting about somewhere. Anyone want to give me £300 for it? ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

if they really wieghed 600kg i doubt you would only get 0.003529bhp ;)

looks must be decieving cause I would have sworn it would wiegh more like 600 grames..

I bought one thinking it would fit the 1600 2 years ago! Cost me £40 in Glasgow from a dealers if I remember - have it on the cup, but the more I see engines with out it I may ditch it - anyone want it???