ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cracked Cup

Managed to wheel spin off a round about and stuff my car into the curb today. Wouldnt drive at all, think it was stuck in gear. Had to be towed to the Ren garage, passenger front wheel was pointing in a strange direction. Byw bye 3years no claims.:mad:

bad news.

sounds like a grands worth of damage. Its debatable whether you should take the hit or claim. Costing me £408 but it still wasnt right so i had to trade it in. The excess was £250 + young persons excess at £100 so for the sake of £58 the insurance was non the wiser and ive kept my no claims which makes a big diffence and for the future when I hopefully get a cheap new 182 when the new shape comes out.

It depends on the cost of your excess and the cost of repairs. A new alloy wheel alone is about £130 alone, plug new axle, driveshaft, possibly new spring if its crcked, axle mounts etc.

Phoned in insurers and theyre picking the car up from the garage and hopefully ill get a run about to use while theyre fixing my baby. Hopefully my new wheels wont have contis on.

Lesson learned i think. AA bloke said it was all crumpled up underneath and i made it onto local traffic reports on the radio. Daft mailto:tw@t">tw@t stuck in the middle of a roundabout outside of Tescos, heh.