ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracking Sidewalls - Safe???

Clio 182 FF
Hi Guys,

Whilst at a garage today they highlighted the sidewalls to me. Below are the photos I took tonight, would you be concerned or just carry on and wear them out?

Cheers

16254201536_ddc846efb1_c.jpg
Cracked Tyre Sidewalls by rbaldry86, on Flickr

16094009769_eac5a8cedb_c.jpg

16254202656_be86f35af6_c.jpg

16280136745_2efcb606d0_c.jpg

16092599358_21c2a418d3_c.jpg

I presume those are the rears?

Amazed they passed the MOT tbh (whenever it was last), as mine were no where near as bad as that and still failed!

I'd get them changed, for the sake of a few quid.

182 ff/ 5 gt turbo
Michelins are bad for this, unless your doing a lot of mileage, they tend to perish before you wear them out.

Time to bin them for new

Megane 225 f1
Personally i would keep an eye on them, making sure they didn't get any worse. If that car was presented to me for m.o.t i would pass and advise.

Clio 182 FF
They were on the back and I swapped them to the fronts to kill them off but I only do about 5k a year in it. Trying to decide whether to swap them before my next track day in a few weeks time. MOT wasn't too long ago either with no advisories thus I hadn't worried until today!

A4 tdi quattro sport
When I went to buy my Cr-v I looked at about 6 cars before I bought mine. Everyone of the 6 was wearing Michelin tyres and all 6 had cracked sidewalls like yours.

Mines has pirelli p7 all round and no cracking

1.2 clio dynamique
They'll be fine, not saying its right for the road, but I've drifted on tyres in that condition, and at 60/70psi, not once had a blow out due to cracks, they've always popped in the middle, if you get what I mean haha.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I have some winter run around tyres in the same if not worse state, lots of tread left though, I'm going to say to you what my mind is telling me, bin them!!