ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed! :( Clio off the road for a while, Repairable? HELP!

94' Valver F4R'd
Hi,
was on my way back after going to the doctors this morning and got taken out by a Jaguar :( he dident give way to the right as i went straight over the roundabout and carried on into me!

Is this repairable do you think?
First thoughts:
-New Door
-New Wing
-A post and Pillar straightened
-Rear quarter repaired
Crash.jpg

Help much appreciated guys!

PH2 Flamer
From looking at the creases in the inner body Apost, behind Wing and door, I'd say it's a wright off.

It's a strengthen part of the body. And I'm pretty sure these parts don't get reworked. As they may become weaker.

Next crash it couldn't just fold there.

Dads old Saab 9-5 had similar damage and was written off, due to the above reason.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Definate write off, no chance of them offering to repair that at all.

If that car was worth £10k then it could be touch and go if it was repaired.

Yours is probably beyond the logical point of repair once a recovery truck has been called out. Lol.

Chin up. You're alive. Get the payout. Buy something else.

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
My Fiat Coupe was written off last year because of minor scrapes to the bumper and bonnet, doesn't take a lot for them to write off older cars nowadays.

Did you get the other drivers insurance details?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Due to the age of the car...it will be deemed beyond economical repair. I think you might need to start looking towards another vehicle I'm afraid. At least you're okay...end of day its just a vehicle, you are flesh and bone.

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
..also, they normally give you the option of buying the car back for 10% of its book value :)

94' Valver F4R'd
Damm it. Well I want try and fix it, see what can be done :/ possibly buying it back and swapping my parts over to another car :/
We'll see what the insurance says :)

Thanks for the help, and yes im fine, at the end of the day it's just metal and can be replaced. I can't :)

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Insurance will definitley write that off, unless the car has a lot of sentimental value and you wish repair it yourself but the cost of the repair would far outweight the value of the car.

E36 328
If that car was worth £10k then it could be touch and go if it was repaired.

Yours is probably beyond the logical point of repair once a recovery truck has been called out. Lol.

Chin up. You're alive. Get the payout. Buy something else.

Agree with this. Wouldn't even try and fix something worth 10 times as much with that damage to the a pillar.

94' Valver F4R'd
Had an inspector out to see it, Probably going to be Written off as Cat B due to A post and Pillar damage, They'll let me keep it for parts and give me a couple hundred quid. Now i've lost a stupid amount of money on it as i'll never get it back on the road :( Now what do I do? I'll have hardly any money and a pile of scrap metal! Being 18 and an apprentice I can't just go and by another one or a 172, can't insure anything either! My heart and soul was in that car! :(

Punto/Clio GTT
just break it, sell all the stuff then weigh it in

cant someone float you £400 quid for a while to get yourself a cheap saxo or something?

Chav Rocket
If ita worth more to you then pull some ads with similar cars fo sale that show a higher value.
Also if you had any mechanical work done (Service etc) then you send them the reciepts. They will always give you a low ball first offer.

94' Valver F4R'd
It was a minter of a mk1 :/ Soild everywhere, handled like a go kart and was my pride and joy :( It's just pile of scrap metal to everyone else but me

Monaco 172 Ph2
My 1.2 02 plate clio extreme was written off for less, all i had was a cracked front wing, bent wishbone and a ding in the door near the wing,

Problem is when they look at fixing your car they look at replacing it with all new parts which is a shame really cos might be able to fix it up if you can find the parts cheap enough and buy it back at a reasonable price :(

but i couldnt be bothered luckily enough i have no excess so got full amount for the cars worth and was able to add a few hundred and get my 172 - worked out better for me really, just the hassle of all the insurance and 3rd party denying it and stuff !!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mine was written off with this, I got about £330 for the car and £110 for the items that where damaged in the car.
There is NO way on earth they will put your clio back on the road.

Bearing in mind i had invoices worth £££ and it still ment nothing to the insurance company and DJW Dave & John took my De-Cat pipe off the car the morning it went away.

09.gif

16-1.gif

Chav Rocket
Its how you present it imo. My first car was a 205. Insurance offered me
300 and by the time i sent them some info they gave 700.

94' Valver F4R'd
Had a phone call today, The car is a Cat C, and i'll get £575 :) I get the choice to keep the car for free or them take it away!
Obviously i'm keeping it, and it will be repaired *PROPERLY* then I can continue with my Plans!!! :D

Mate you obviously love your car but there's not point even trying to fix it.

Salvage what you can and buy another one.

salvage all the worthy bits on it and scrap it in for what they cost now its pointless trying to rebuild it when you can make another one just like it and you will be less out of pocket than trying to fix it up