ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***Crashed My 172***

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Insurance companies won't give a courtesy car unless its judged repairable it would seem.

My girlfriends friend had a new shape Beetle that engulfed itself on the side of the motorway. As it was deemed a write off the insurance company wouldn't give her a courtesy car.

tiTTy & SV650
Gutted Danny, drove this myself and it was a minter

Clyde Tunnel can be very dodgy I hit slush coming out of it on a Kawasaki ER5 whilst learning lol my instructor shat it more than I did

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Danny boy, not good mate.

Was a really nice car, potential for a life time ownership :p

The bend is the usual clyde tunnel, bloody annoying with solid walls eitherside and dodgy turn offs. Shame about the car, looks a mess.

Main thing is your ok.

SG9 Forester STi
Sorry to hear this! Know exactly how you feel to see your car in a state, it's horrible.
Hope you get it sorted soon as it was such a nice car!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
sorry to hear that:(, main thing at the end is ur alright

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sad to see danny! I've done that bend at ALOT more than 30...Guilty. I'll think twice now! :(

tiTTy & SV650
Yeah I generally start to accelerate there and pass a few cars on the outside lane there myself, will think twice too - especially on 2 wheels

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Gutter man, it did look a good one and I know how you feel

The fact the truck was out cleaning the road seems a real issue though

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks guys, like said safety comes first, i suppose you dont think that way when your standing at the roadside looking at your pride and joy gubbed :(

Gutting, just gutting

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
thats bad that, amazing what damage can be done at so little speed if you have no control

I hope you manage to get something sorted out as that was a lovely example

200 Gordini
Sorry to read this, hopefully you get it back to the way it was before this unfortunate accident

Barge
s**t, Danny. I feel for you fella. Nothing worse than seeing your pride and joy like that. Should have grabbed a few pics of the offending crap on the road. Would still have been your fault, but they may have helped your case a little.

Hope it gets sorted. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As per text Daniel gutted for you! Glad you're alreeet tho.

I had a incident a year back when something was spilt on the road I was lucky enough to control it just! Passed a 206 on it's roof 2 seconds later up the road.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hey guys, just off the phone to the assesor and the car is being classed as an un-economical repair. He estimated the damage at around £4000 unbelievably... :(

It remains to be seen what the insurance company will now offer me for it.

Thanks for everyones kind comments.

Regards, Danny

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Let me know what you get offered mate. I'll get a valuation from another insurance company for you.

Do you know the assessors name?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Let me know what you get offered mate. I'll get a valuation from another insurance company for you.

Do you know the assessors name?

No mate am gonna phone them back the morra morning, the guy was brand new seems genuine enough.

It was H Mcartney in East Kilbride? You know of them?

tiTTy & SV650
spotted a cup for sale not far from where this happened.

I drove past the crash site twice today on light throttle!

Porsche Boxster987S
hard to see it looking like that mate:( really was a cracker. I know that bit of road well too. Just text you mate:(

AK

M240i
Per texts Danny, really gutted for ya mate!

Looks a mess :( was a mint example too!

Least you're ok tho!