ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed my Clio

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
WTF were you doing there if you knew it would make him violent towards her?

Sounds like you are a crap mate if this is the case!

If he is violent towards her and you do care about her, Tw*t him one!

Renault Clio
WTF were you doing there if you knew it would make him violent towards her?

Sounds like you are a crap mate if this is the case!

If he is violent towards her and you do care about her, Tw*t him one!

That's a bit of a narrow-minded and judgmental view to take on it when you don't know me, her or anything about our friendship.

Anyway, it was a mistake making this topic. I'd rather just deal with the police and the insurance situation and forget about it. If everything goes ok I'll be looking for another Clio, can't really think about that right now though.

Clio 182
if he's violent to her you should've got a massive pan and twatted the b*****d over the head when he came through the door.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think it was the person who chased you fault that you crashed. No question. If someone is hassling you to that extent by up your arse, flashing, beeping, coming along side - it would really intimidate you and cause you to do irrational things.

Some bloke on Traffic Cops was being chased by a car and rolled his trying to get away and because he was driving under duress he was aquitted.

If someone was doing to me as you describe I wouldn't pull over either, no telling what people do these days, probably pull a knife on you.

Not totally sure what I would do but it is totally understandable why he would chase you given the story but he shouldn't have done it. It's understandable but not condoneable imo, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Oh iv had nights like that sneaking in through the girls window to find out its the wrong window and your crawling between the covers with the mom and dad, before getting chased with a garden strimmer by the crazy dad just realised from a mental home. lol

*im joking btw*

Renault Clio
I think it was the person who chased you fault that you crashed. No question. If someone is hassling you to that extent by up your arse, flashing, beeping, coming along side - it would really intimidate you and cause you to do irrational things.

Some bloke on Traffic Cops was being chased by a car and rolled his trying to get away and because he was driving under duress he was aquitted.

If someone was doing to me as you describe I wouldn't pull over either, no telling what people do these days, probably pull a knife on you.

Not totally sure what I would do but it is totally understandable why he would chase you given the story but he shouldn't have done it. It's understandable but not condoneable imo, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Thank you!:(

W

Willy

Let us know how you get on, Im concerned that your tinted windows are gonna land you in some deep trouble??

Titanium 182
To be fair I have been chased before in my local area at night, in an area that is known for car jacking.

I drove probably faster than I should have dared to get away, but when someone is blatantly trying to pull in front of you / force you into the kerb something takes over.

I don't care what you say about driving beyond your limit, when you are forced into a situation like that you just want to get away ASAP.
Having said that though a bit of common sense could probably have been applied to the OP's situation and it all sorted out quite easily.
However I can understand him trying to get away, panic makes us do all sorts of daft things.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I got chased about 10 years ago (When I was small, and weak) and I drove like a complete madman. On the pavements, wrong way round a roundabout etc etc etc.

Fact of the matter is, if you're fearing for your life, you will do irrational things.

(My defending of this clownshoe does not however justify his being in a phsycopathic lunatics house and trying to climb onto his daughter 30 minutes before he was due home. Fool.)

I think your actions were justified, but the reason those actions took place are a little weak.

AK

M240i
You couldn't make this s**t up lol..

How do i give this thread :star::star::star::star::star:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I got chased about 10 years ago (When I was small, and weak) and I drove like a complete madman. On the pavements, wrong way round a roundabout etc etc etc.

Fact of the matter is, if you're fearing for your life, you will do irrational things.

(My defending of this clownshoe does not however justify his being in a phsycopathic lunatics house and trying to climb onto his daughter 30 minutes before he was due home. Fool.)

I think your actions were justified, but the reason those actions took place are a little weak.

lol

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)

Exactly the same when I was 18 and there was two of us in the car but the bloke who chased us looked like a bloody hooligan........

To the op, I wrote my car off a few weeks ago and couldn't see any good coming out of it - but at the end of the day I got a decent settlement for my car and bought a 172 the other day and saved a bit of money......i know its easier to say but try not to get too down about it.

Was there any witnesses that saw the bloke chasing you? again you might just have to take a driver awareness course.

Also who's your insurer? I'm with directline and even with a speeding conviction:eek: and claim my insurance went up £200 for the year which is only £17 odd a month. Keep us updated.

FPMSL!!! This is comedy gold!

Problem you've got is, if you/the police can't prove anyone was chasing you, you're f*cked. Dangerous driving after not long passing your test = bend over.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Moral of the story;
If a bird has a mentalist for a dad, invite her round yours instead.

172 cup
LoL quality thread! I think you will be fine having the windows tinted mate. They will just charge you the extra premium it would have cost in the first place if they even notice at all. Hope it turns out ok for you we were all young and stupid once!

ibiza cupra
i think people are being a little harsh towards you mate. we have all creept into our mates houses when we shouldnt have been there and if you knew what was going to happen as a result of you being there, im sure you wouldnt have gone at all. and as for driving irratically because you where being chased, again i understand that too. if you knew it was the guy from next door then you should have pulled over and explaned the situation but as you didnt, then i think you reacted the same way most people would, regardless of what they say. i know that if i was being chased by someone who i thought was trying to car jack me, i would be gone like a shot. i`d drive as senibly as possible but at the same time, you are fearing for your life and are not going to be thinking as strait as normal. we all make mistakes mate, its how we learn, but at least you and every one else is ok and all that was lost was a car that can be replaced.

Renault Clio
The bloke chasing has already told the police he was following me, so they know I'm not lying about that. He's told them that he thought I was a thief, but I bet he hasn't told them how aggressively he was following me. The police said that it was a huge misunderstanding, that I was lucky no one was hurt... and that the worst case scenario was careless driving. But I had a voicemail off the police today saying that they could put it down to a lack of experience. He's sending a form off to someone and they decide whether to leave it or whether I need to be interviewed. So I don't know how long it's going to take, I've just got to wait. I don't mind but it's worrying my mom, she hasn't ate all day.

I can't take the tints or anything else out of the car, I won't see it again, unless it's repairable obviously, but everyone that's seen it is sure it's going to be scrap. My mom asked about the tints anyway and the insurance company said that it's not important.

Clio 182 cup'd
A brilliant read, I wish I was 17/18 again. King of the road, Colin McCrae, Superman etc, love it!

Man up and admit you did wrong, you'll laugh at this thread one day...unless you do actually lose your 6 point licence!! haha

172 with k-tec sound
i feel for you mate .but there is only going to be one outcome especially as you are in the probationary period of your driving which i beleive lasts 2 years, and if you get a ban or 6 points during this period your license will be revoked by dvla. you then will have to wait a year before u can take your theroy/practical test again.
despite the other driver u made the wrong decision given the options u had and should have pulled over. better to face a slap then what u are at the mo, your insurance will be astronomical if u get to keep your licence as it will be a full fault claim on your part, if your rich u wont worry but if your not you will be looking at 5-6 grand quotes for a 1.216v if there is anyone willing to insure you at all.
you need a big reality check mate thats all i can say.

Giulietta 940
As ridiculous as the situation is, I still feel for the poor bugger. I hope it works out for you.

Nissan 350z
As amusing as this thread is, what is it with people saying mom on the internet when they are english? That's what I care about, none of this crashing rubbish.

Family Bus
I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

I can see why you drove stupidly, understand that completely, but the flip side of me thinks why put yourself in that situation in the first place, tbf you were lucky the people in the other car were ok!!

love this thread "it wasn't me who initiated the chase it was the neighbor" - you were on his property ;)
granted, he shouldn't of acted how he did, but he did, and you dealt with it the wrong way.
live and learn, but don't expect sympathy on a forum :)

Nissan 350z
Wow 2yr old topic bump, impressive :)

Having said that i have never read this before so its helped kill 15mins reading through it lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
epic bump!!

if someone was chasing them and they had no idea why, surely they should have justed pulled over and asked wtf they were doing?? my imediate reaction wouldnt be to run tbh.
it does bring back a few memories, i got chased a few times back in the day, but it never really bothered me apart from when it was an absolute monster of a man spitting flames next to me in a fiesta rs turbo,
that i must admit was quite intimidating! lol

not sure if you can say HE was the reason the OP crashed, i think they need to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions.
Saying that i do feel for him, its a hard decision to make under such pressure