ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed, need advice!

Hi there! On dual carriageway going to work, car infront brakes, I brake, car behind going to fast and hits me and I in turn hit the car infront.

This is what I need to know, when all of this goes through my insurance co. if the driver behind me accepts responsibility (which he admitted) then do I lose my no claims bonus etc?

Im sick of making all these stupid phone calls and getting passed from pillar to post to start with! gotta go get estimates for repair etc, will I have to pay my excess eventhough the accident was not my fault? If I pay the repairs myself will I keep my no claims bonus?

I have a cracked rear and front bumper and when turning right I get a really bad rubbing/groaning noise from the left hand side of the car, could this be chassis damage?

cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

i never know how these situs work.....

i take it you claim off the guy who hit you from behind (auto his fault)

But then the guy you hit claims from you i think..... (as you hit him from behind)

So i wud take it you do loose it as a claim is going thru ur insurance?

Someone whos had this situ shud be able to help.

Pretty sure the guy you hit claims off you and your insurance co claims against the guy who hit you for the damage to your car and the damage subsequently done to the guy infront of you.

If he has admitted liability, and you have proof of this, and, as it sounds its pretty clear cut then your insurance company will go for 100% of the claim from his insurance (usually in a case where liability is hard or remotely taxing to establish then the insurance companies split it 50-50). The guy you hit will then claim from your insurance company, although I dont believe you will pay for this (why not just ask customer services at your insurers?) - it will be down to insurance companies to fight it out.

However, until your insurance company claims the money from his, youll have to stomach the excess and claim that back from your insurance company later. This is the usual situation.

Assuming all goes well, in the long run this shouldnt cost you anything.

[Edited by mr_merc on 25 July 2005 at 12:39pm]

clio 182 black /gold

Well about 2 1/2 years ago a guy ran in back of me which in turn hit the car in front. The car i hit was an astra with a tow bar and the car behind was a golf. Any way i claimed off the guy behind because he admitted liability. I did not tell my company. The car in front did not make a claim because his car was not damaged but mine came worse off. The best thing was i had a camrea in the car and took pictures of all 3 cars and the long skid marks.

ok, cheers for the help. Ive looked in the spare wheel area and it is wedged in and it looks like the surrounding area has crumpled around it so it looks like chassis damage. To what extent can it be before they write it off?

My car is the only one damaged! the car i was pushed into had a tow bar and the car that pushed me had minor bumper discolouring!

Ive also been told that if your the meat in the sandwich and its the guy at the backs fault then your insurance company claim off his and you keep your no claims, interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 July 2005

Pretty sure the guy you hit claims off you and your insurance co claims against the guy who hit you for the damage to your car and the damage subsequently done to the guy infront of you.
Im sure thats right.

On some occasions, the guy that hit you, his insurance will cover the whole lot.

1.6 focus zetec....

Alrite,

Ive been in this situation a few months ago and had a few problems as i did not insure my mods (a BIG lesson i have learnt). I was on my moms insurance aswell.

A chap went into the back of me causing me to go into the back of the car in front and the car in front to go into the back of someone else anywayz we took eachothers details and the chap that went in to back of me admitted liabilty and everything so went home phoned insurance and they came to collect my car looked over it and accessed the damage! Than the next couple of weeks were hell cos they found out i had uninsured mods and had to try get out of that! After to weeks they kindly told me that my insurance was cancelled and i couldnt make a claim!

Ok im now sh*ttin myself and without a car! I then phone up the chaps insurance that hit me and they tell me he admitted liablilty and theyll repair my car so off it goes! I was then worried that the woman i went into wouldnt be able to claim of me and i might have to pay for the damage on her car so i phoned up her insurance and they said it was ok and they would also claim of the geezer that hit me!

In the end i got my car back lookin new, my mom lost her 5yrs ncb and i gt kicked on to my own inusrance!

Sorry to everyone bout the essay!

Kiza

So im bound to lose my no claims then? Ive got 16" renaultsports on rather than the 15" renaults its suppost to have, apart from that just my ktec grills and a few badges, my insurance will be fine wont it as all my other mods are declared such as tinted windows, lowered springs, and my renny seats.

clio 200

tbh m8 i had a similar accident a couple of yrs back and i didnt lose any of my no claims. at the end of the day you would have crashed into the guy infront of you if you hadnt been pushed by the car behind you: Well this is what my insurance thought and the whole accident was claimed off the chap who went into the back of me even though i went into the back of the car infront

hope this calms the nerves!!

Golf GTD

Quote: Originally posted by HazzyP on 25 July 2005

So im bound to lose my no claims then? Ive got 16" renaultsports on rather than the 15" renaults its suppost to have, apart from that just my ktec grills and a few badges, my insurance will be fine wont it as all my other mods are declared such as tinted windows, lowered springs, and my renny seats. <SCRIPT language=javascript>

Not to sh*t you up my friend, but my insurance company tried to void a claim that wasnt my fault, because i hadnt told them about my lexus lights, and a bit of mesh on the front grille, even tho i had told them about alloys and lowering.

they are proper c**ts.

don't

sounds like they are being very tough on mods at the moment

did neither of you try to remove the mods that you havent mentioned

Golf GTD

i was lucky and managed to argue that the i didnt know what lexus lights where, and as my original lights had cracked, i set about getting replacement ones, renault wanted 300£ for a set of rear lights, or so the insurers where told, and motorworld offered me some lights for 50£.

i was lucky in the end and they payed out, probably because it wasnt my fault and I didnt damage anyone, but it just shows, they can be w**kers.

i was lucky and managed to argue that the i didnt know what lexus lights where,
Very cunning... But if they dont wanna play ball....;)

sounds like exactly what happened to me. was hit from behind into the car in front. we all exchanged details and i got home and rang my insurers. they came and picked the car up and took it to their approved repairers and i got a courtesy car the next day from the legal cover people.

its not your fault and theyll get all the costs off of the person who hit you.

youll have to pay your excess then theyll send you a cheque when its all settled.

your no claims wont be affected.