ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaky Rear Suspension

RenaultSport clio 182
Another annoying problem on my 182......

When I reverse with full right hand lock on I get a creaky noise from the rear suspension - I think it comes from the right hand side. This still happens even on completely smooth flat car parks and when reversing slowly. It can also occur when going forwards turning right with full lock although not as often as it does when reversing.

Has anybody experienced problems like this, also are Renault likely to put it down to wear and tear? I've still got 16 months of warranty to run.

Cheers

sure its not the pads on the disc?

see if you do it after allowing the car to roll to a stop then reverse without touching the brakes does it still do it?

yeah will do mate have been told on the forum it could be rear bearings of a gear box mount both not very expensive it just depends of labour costs though!!!

Clio 172
Hey ther,

I've kinda got the same prob except it sounds as though it's coming from the front left wheel. When i'm turning, half lock - full lock going slow it makes a kinda grindy noise. It also makes this noise when i brake hard. I've had the CV joint and everything checked and nobody can find whats up.

Anybody have any suggestions?? It's been doing it for a few months now and starting to do my box in!!