ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creating the fastest 1.216v

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Right

No f/i and i want 100bhp per litre

How?

Ps that means a 45bhp increase

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

too easy

i want to do it without nitrous

how about individual tbs with custom ecu?

45 BHP?

hhhhhhhhhmmmm... Head work, exhaust (perhaps a custom jobbie) cams, performance air filter, throttle bodies will probably be lots of work though? Bigger injectors? New ECU?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

How much

is it cheaper just to put 172 lump in or a 16v lump (f7)

or go silly and put a v6 up in there

anythings possible if you throw enough money at it, dont forget that it wont just be the engine you swap if you go that route - wiring, cooling, suspension, drivetrain, gearbox etc.

Why not stick to the 1.2, save the money and then splash out on an RSi, a valver or a 172 or summin?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im bored new car is comming in august (hopefully)

i need more power captain

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yes im geting a new v6

bang goes being serious lads

a supercharger would be nice though like the gmc install in some saxos

You think they could fit a supercharger to a 1.2 16v.... that would be funny... I would even think about doing that to mine for a laugh

So it will fit under our bonnet then! is there a company that could fit it to my car and how much? What sort of bhp you think it will give

Gaining a little does not usually cost to much Gaining a lot from a n/a engine will. Before deciding what mods and power you want you should work out you buget the look for the mods to fit.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

my budget is about £2000-5000

and the super charger would be better for everyday use

The end of the day it will always be a 1.2..... or a 1149cc.... Im just building up me no claims while paying off mine then im getting a 172.... or what ever else is out at the time....

BMW 320d Sport

Assuming you dont want to overbore it or use forced induction youll get as much as possible out of it by getting some severe porting and flowing work done on the head, port matching of the head to the exhaust manifold, wild 300+ degree cams, increase the compression with forged high comp pistons, lighten and balance the bottom end, 4 throttle bodies to take care of induction and a custom management system to run it all.

4 grand? But itll barely idle! Still its definitely the hardcore option.

i cant forsee any problems using a supercharger, although the standard gearbox and clutch certainly will not be up to the job, whether or not the driveshaft will take the power and torque is debatable

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 05 December 2002

my budget is about £2000-5000

and the super charger would be better for everyday use
thats quite a broad budget!!! a specific amount is a budget.

anyway, if your gettinga V6 then why bother? or was it a joke?

and i woudnt really bother tunnign a 1.2.....casue you end up with less power maxed out than a mildly modded valver with money to spare!

but if you really want 100bhp/ltr a minimum budget would be £2000 to get the TBs sorted, dunno who or where does cams but about £400, then getting them put in a setup (unless you can do this) getting teh head workd will be about £400 for anythign useful t make use of those TBs, blah blah blah........that £5000 should come in handy!

they used to have a 900 cc supercharged F1 car. so it dont matter that its only a 1.2. and if that aint fast enough for u. by a fighter jet!

Nissan R35 GT-R

It isnt as simple as "Throw in a supercharger!"

Injectors with a higher flow rate will be required, then a new ECU (because the standard engine management will not have sufficient load sites to cope with positive pressure). About 4 hours on the rollers will see it running right.

So now it goes, but does it stop? No! So you need new brakes!

So now it goes and stops well, but does it go round corners without mounting the kerb/modifying someones fence? No! So you need new suspension!

Great, I now have a sports car, but a few weeks down the line the gearbox will probably let go...you see the picture?

Its a nice car as it is, and forfills its purpose well, but it was never designed to be a sports car, so hang on till you can actually buy something that was built to go fast - then if you want to modify you will be starting with a good solid base.

Just my 2p worth :)

Laurence

Nissan R35 GT-R

Ben j: That wasnt aimed at you. I was just stating it doesnt stop at a supercharger for the benefit of anyone thinking about undertaking this sort of project.

:D

Tom,

I thaught you were on the wait list for a V6 as a company car?

personally I wouldnt bother spending you ca$h on making your 1.2 quick. I would save it for petrol as when you get your V6, I would be travelling all day and all night just to be sat in it. :)

AND a good thing to think about is, that once you do that, you will probably find it hard to sell your 1.2?

respectfully.

y0z

Yeah i have 1.2, i think all im going to do is get some 172 wheels and lower it, with the hope of the factory look making it easier to sell. Then i can get a 172!:D

problems with converting a N/A car to forced induction (will use turbo as an example, but S/C is easier coz u dont need exhaust manifold)

1) fitting everything into the engine bay (turbo, I/C, hoses, etc.)

2) youll need a custom exhaust manifold to mount the turbo on ($$$)

3) youll need 3rd party management (what you refer to as another ECU) and someone to map it to your car ($$$$$$$$$$$)

4) everything else ie brakes, suspension, gearbox, clutch will need uprating aswell

5) compression ratio of engine will either need to be lowered (new pistons) or you will have to run REALLY low boost

6) you will probably need injectors with a higher flow rate if you intend to run more than a few PSI of boost

7) its bleedin expensive!

i converted my XR4 to turbo and that was with a 2nd hand KIT designed for the car itself. its very satisfying, but it does cost, especially if it your 1st time at proper engine mods (fitting a backbox doesnt count as an engine mod ;))