ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CREE LED Reverse lights.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Think I might be onto something here. There's quite a few people who I've shown these to and they've all been impressed.

I originally bought these bulbs because I wanted a decent upgrade to the standard bulbs.

They are actually very good, could be a popular mod. Decent range and visibility day or night.

DSCF1830s.jpg

I tested the bulbs to see what the range was, as you can('t really, due to the camera) see below, the distance to the berm is 20m, the tree behind (which to the human eye was still clearly illuminated) is another ~10m.
DSCF1838s.jpg

Click the below images to see the eBay link for that bulb. There are 3 colours available for the surrounds.

$T2eC16NHJHEE9ny2qTT2BQdojRng4g~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqRHJC4E8+y9k5e-BPQpfEwh4g~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqJHJEIE88cr2ofbBPZ1htW08Q~~60_12.jpg

RB 182
im assuming these are the right fitment for 182's too? i'm tempted to buy some and try them out!

Twingo Dynamique
ok thanks :) after looking around to find some for cheaps, some seem to possibly be different sizes, as in the bulby bit that protrudes out.... :S how much room is there in the casing?? :)

Jeez these aint cheap

That is because CREE are manufacturers and developers of high end, cutting edge LED's.
They are so good that they are being used in aquarium lighting for freshwater planted tanks but more impressively for marine applications for coral growth. Whereas in the past you might have had to used a 400w metal halide light unit using loads of electricity and producing lots of heat, you could probably get away with 200w of LED lighting.

Not sure I would want them for reversing lights though.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Gonan order a pair of these. Living out in the country it gets a bit dark round here, especially with the lack of street lighting.

​If you could see my drive too, in the dark, you'd understand why these would help.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I have a pair if u wanna buy them 2 for £10 posted
They are 10w with blue around the sides

MK2 PH2 1.2
I put a LED numberplate light in my reverse lights, does the job better then a standard bulb but not as bright as CREE. Only got pictures in the day atm :( ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374750621.025419.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374750634.142459.jpg