ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control

Hi ive only just managed to work out the cruise control on my new 172, when i switch it on it lights up green on the dash board to show its active, but when i switch it the other way it lights up amber buts acts the same as when its green, theres no mention of this amber light in the manual

anyone got any ideas

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if your cruise control has two lights it may be the system with a distance limiter as well.when the switch is central the system is off.when the switch is in position 1 it keeps the vehicle at a speed that you set it to.when the switch is in position 2 it keeps the vehicle at your set speed and also keeps the vehicle at a safe distance(there are 3 different distances you can select) from vehicles in front.the system has a limited amount of control of the accelerator and the brake.if a vehicle cuts you up and the distance limiter cant slow the vehicle down enough you will get an audible warning and the system will switch off.it is then up to you to emergancy brake.does it mention anything in your handbook about a distance limiter?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if theres no reference of a distance limiter in your handbook then its probably cruise control in position 1 and speed limiter in position 2.i think ill have to get one of the companys demo keys and have a look.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

To my knowledge the distance control isnt avalible on the clio

VaVa

Nope, never heard of it either. Ive got the cruise on mine and whilst its a good toy, its about as much practical use as chocolate fireguard when implemented on our roads. Our traffic ( at least on the roads I drive on) is just too stop-start fast-slow for it to be beneficial. And its completley misplaced on a so-called hot hatch. The speed limiters good for 30 zones stc though.

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 08 December 2003

Nope, never heard of it either. Ive got the cruise on mine and whilst its a good toy, its about as much practical use as chocolate fireguard when implemented on our roads. Our traffic ( at least on the roads I drive on) is just too stop-start fast-slow for it to be beneficial. And its completley misplaced on a so-called hot hatch. The speed limiters good for 30 zones stc though.
does yours have two options like mine though green and amber!