ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crunching pas!

BNR33 GTR

Hey u guys. Just got back from the garage about my crunching pas. Guy at garage says nothing major just wear and tear. He told me to get it changed when is actually gives up. Is this a good idea? Cheers. Graham.

Ive got that at the momment - it makes a drone noise nad doest seem to give any assistance at all - slightly worrying. Might take it to my mate who owns a garage and see wot it is. Does your steering drain power from the engine when u are turning the wheel at a standstill?

BNR33 GTR

Nah it doesnt drain it. Hmm but it does make an awful crunching noise. fluid is ok and when it warms up the sounds gone.

What do you mean by crunching (silly question maybe) it may be that your wheels are rubbing onm something? I just checked the level of mine and its just over the plastc filter level (just but i think that is pretty full. Im pretty worried.

Was just told by my mate at a garage that if there is plenty of fluid in the car then its probably the pump - i think mine is the original so ill get that done i think - should be a haynes manual job - woopie! Should have a fun weekend!

Yeh i know what you mean - get that. You can feel it through the wheel aswel - im not sure what it could be but my mechanic mate seems to think its defintely the pump!

Skoda Fabia vRS

i know you dont usually get a miracle in a bottle, but before you go changing everything, try some Slick 50 Power Steering Fluid first.........

£4.99 at any Motor World

Why, did you have the same problems as us then mate? did it work for you? I know the power steering on Valvers is usually shagged by about 80k! :(