ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crystal Renault, Boston - Belt change Fail

Listerine & Poledo
Further to my post on Saturday...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ving-back-from-Legoland-when.......&highlight=

Well, Nationwide have diagnosed that maybe if the alternator had been bolted back into place properly and the tensioners correctly fitted when the belts etc had been done, then the whole dirty saga would never have happened!

Well done Crystal, once again you've demonstrated that your technicians (who failed at wiring in a headunit, failed at programming a keyfob, failed at programming an alarm and failed at wiring in an amplified sub and believe that Fullrun is an acceptable performance tyre to run alongside a borderline conti) are incapable of even performing day-in, day-out servicing.

The AA have picked up the maximum they will out of the costs of the breakdown but since the alternator is, what, nearly £300, we still need t ofork out nearly a one-er for the job to be completed, and that's if there's no other faults when they turn the engine over again (which I'm suspecting there will be since we went from having some coolant at the roadside to none by the time we reached the garage.... water pump fail? hoses?).

Needless to say, the garage will be getting a visit if Nationwide give us some supporting documentation, but they're more than unlikely to give us anything and even if they offered, say, a free service, I dont want their slack-jawed techs getting their hands anywhere near it again.

Looks like I'm off to JML....err, JMS? the one in Uxbridge anyway, come service day. Glad I'm nowhere near Lincolnshrie anymore, civilisation has a lot going for it (contrary to what Danny Kaye sings!).

WARNING - CRYTAL RENAULT @ BOSTON CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH RS PRODUCTS*

*: Although they're probably fine with a scenic

It says in the other thread that the belts etc were done 2 years ago - that's a long time for a failure to occur as a direct result of whoever did the belts surely?