ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS @ PFC Expo Donington 12/10/2014

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think the rallye stand is inside. The only downside is that you have to be there for 8am, have no more than a 1/4 tank of fuel and can't leave until 1700.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
If my car is on the stand, does that mean it's penned in all day or will I be able to take off home if I get bored halfway through?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
If my car is on the stand, does that mean it's penned in all day or will I be able to take off home if I get bored halfway through?

You won't get bored mate. We have a few little surprises up our sleeves. If they come off you definitely won't be bored.

But I do believe that outside stands won't be restricted from leaving early.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
This annoys me a little, I think it looks terrible to the CS club stand when people take there car's away early.

Look at CSS, the amount of cars that left early (ok it wasn't the best event) but still.
I think if you want to show off your car on the club stand then you should be willing to keep it on the for the whole day.

It seems imo like people only want to get there car on the stand for the ease of parking and not so much supporting the club.
I want my car on the stand and will be there all day, im sure you wouldn't get people taking there cars away half way through a Ford RS meet.

Rant over. :D

BG182 FF
I have my tickets today! I to have a outside parking pass. So I'm assuming I'm going to arrive for 7.15 and park at our area? I'm sure the stewards will point me in the right direction.. Lol

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
This annoys me a little, I think it looks terrible to the CS club stand when people take there car's away early.

Look at CSS, the amount of cars that left early (ok it wasn't the best event) but still.
I think if you want to show off your car on the club stand then you should be willing to keep it on the for the whole day.

It seems imo like people only want to get there car on the stand for the ease of parking and not so much supporting the club.
I want my car on the stand and will be there all day, im sure you wouldn't get people taking there cars away half way through a Ford RS meet.

Rant over. :D

I'm guessing this is aimed at me. And I understand and agree with your point completely, but could you also not argue that the Club housing other brands of vehicle (mine will be a Ford) could look bad to the club?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm guessing this is aimed at me. And I understand and agree with your point completely, but could you also not argue that the Club housing other brands of vehicle (mine will be a Ford) could look bad to the club?

Not at all mate. CS is more than just about clio's these days. It says a lot about this forum that people keep coming back despite moving away from Clio's. It really matters not what cars our members turn up in. It's all about being part of the club and having a social one.

We will have a huge sheet up to hide non Clio's behind anyway ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hey mate, it wasn't aimed at you. After me going to CSS (this year and last year) i was a little bit shocked to see how many people just drove off when they felt like it.

Yes you have a point about stands having other makes of cars on it, imagine going to a RS show and seeing a Renault. Just wouldn't happen.

However its a tough call for CS as there are so many members with other makes of car.

I also don't see it being fair if people want to put there car on a stand, then that stand becoming full and someone else who would love to show there car off ends up having to park in another car park away from the show.
Im just voicing my view mate, nothing more.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They should call them owners shows not car shows. Then people would realise it's about being social not being a car bore.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
But yet they will allow any make of car on the Cliosport club stand.

Bonkers.

Yes we will. As I've said already it's a social event. There will be plenty of parking and the non Clio's will be parked to one side. Have you had a look at the size of the paddock we have been given?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think i agree with chip on this one, the whole point of going to a French car show is to look at French cars , not fords or jap cars, if I wanted to see fords, vauxhalls etc I'd go to a ford or vauxhall show, I understand about the social side of shows but if you don't own a French car you should be in the public car park not on a French stand?

In think yours a little confused. Chip was all in favour of other cars coming onto our stand. In fact Chip himself was actually coming in a VW.

clio 172, mondeo td
I'm bad I got it wrong!! But if it's the social side that peoe like it surely doesn't matter where they park the non French cars as it's the social side not being on a club stand that matters so the general car park should be fine then?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm bad I got it wrong!! But if it's the social side that peoe like it surely doesn't matter where they park the non French cars as it's the social side not being on a club stand that matters so the general car park should be fine then?

Because they asked if they could come onto our stand. We aren't going get arsey and so no. Like I've said, any non Clio's will be parked up separately so there's no issue as far as we are concerned.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be more than happy to park in the public car park if it's going to cause any problems x