ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS SW Meets for 2014

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I'd open up a thread for all the ideas and suggestions for meets for the coming year. If you have any ideas stick 'em in here. This is also a bit of a preview ;)

Karting - Another few rounds at Plymouth, with bonus rounds at Exeter and St. Eval

Camping - We're just doing it.

Paintball

Quadding

Clay pigeon shooting?

Test day at Haynes Motor Museum/Museum visit - the test track is currently closed during the museum's redevelopment, but it's expected to be back in service sometime around May/June. I'll be looking into organising a small test day to give people chance to chuck their cars around a bit. The museum's awesome too, so no doubt on the day we'll find time to look around.

Barn Owl meets
- Will continue as per usual, every month unless we're doing something else.

Cheddar Gorge - Hopefully we'll be organising another meet up at Cheddar, was really good the last time we were there so let's do it again

Tipton RR day - Maybe another one early in the season, and one at the end of season as well to see how people's cars have improved over the summer.

Cornish meets - We will be heading deep into the heart of Cornwall at some point to scope out some great roads and photo locations.

Cliosport Saturday - For anyone who wants to go, we'll have a look into convoying up, most probably on the friday evening so that nobody's shattered on the day.

Days out - Thorpe Park has been suggested, no doubt we'll be able to do some other stuff along those lines. Maybe a visit to speedway/racing.

Dartmoor Runs/Drives out - Yes. Would like to have a breakfast run as well next year.

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait mate. Had a few people react quite well to having cornish meets. Camping near Newquay and going karting at St. Eval in one trip?

Can I suggest an evening BBQ when it's nice weather, maybe on a beach front or somewhere big enough for a few bodies!

Also a thought we could all meet for some activities like frisbee, rounders, picnic, BBQ make it a competition between those who turn up. This is also a little more female friendly of gals don't want to do quadding/paintballing stuff etc.

Maybe a little cheesy but perhaps somewhere like Butlins in Minehead or Brean leisure park for a day out... They've got day rates and have games, rides, pool etc.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Some nice and good ideas coming across :) should be good.
I have another option if people are willing, rather than camping, or in addition to camping, my family has a place out in west wales. Im sure I can commender that for a long weekend if people would like. Not far from Mid wales, Brecon, o and slap bang on the coast as well. So easy enough to get to some beaches for bbqs or nice poses by the sea. Of course it is weather dependent, when its sunny its epic, but this is british weather.
Just putting it forward, its nothing glamorous, but some great roads about

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Camping's where you learn to peel cows, burn things and cook badly though.

I wouldn't like to be responsible for people coming into your parents' place though mate.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Its part mine as well technically. There are only a certain amount of beds, but 2 hotels down the road. It was just an option for people. Fine by me if its not everyones cup of tea, saves me having to do anything! lol.

Clio 172 turbo
Sounds like 2014 is going to be a good year. Camping will be good fun I have a tent and have a gazebo.

PB Clio 172
on the evening BBQ idea I don't see why we cant do that in the summer on a Exeter meet evening(seeings we are all together), Exmouth seafront would be nice to have a BBQ and throws of a fris ! :cool:

PB Clio 172
good good, I feel not enough of us got together during the really hot months this year weather It be holidays or what not.... even had to cancel one summer meet :boring:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Exmouth is a s**t hole.

If you want a bit more privacy, lovely location and a HUGE car park - Budleigh Salterton.

Couple of camping spots there too and only 10 mins further down the road.

budleigh_salterton_beach.jpg

Last edited:
  PB Clio 172
love Exmouth, I don't see how its full of Marines and skanks when all we do is park up and chat and take a few snaps

banther

ClioSport Club Member
love Exmouth, I don't see how its full of Marines and skanks when all we do is park up and chat and take a few snaps

I got the wrong end of the stick - thought this was for a camping trip not regular meets. For BBQ on the beach Budleigh is lovely plus the roads on the way are nice.

And Exmouth is a s**thole.

PB Clio 172
if you think so thats up to you........

we go there most months neways which is why it would be a good idea to go for a BBQ this time !

its just an ideas thread nothing set up yet

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I got the wrong end of the stick - thought this was for a camping trip not regular meets. For BBQ on the beach Budleigh is lovely plus the roads on the way are nice.

It IS for a camping trip. And I have no intention of camping at Exmouth seafront. What Rob is on about is that we usually go to exmouth after our monthly meet, but he wants to bring a barbecue to the next one.

banther - We tend to go to exmouth as it's not taking anyone out of their way, as we have Dan and Vikki from somerset, and McPickle, Ed, Fatty etc.. from plymouth so it's a happy medium really. Budleigh does look quite nice though, so thanks for the suggestion!

Clio 172 turbo

I live in Exmouth it's not that bad but I will agree about the marines. Budleigh is nice but not for camping unless you want to do it on the beach. I think a big camp site would be better with all are cars around us.

I'm sure I mentioned this but I believe we still our 12 man tent. Sounds like 2014 is gonna be a scorcher of a yr. looking forward to it... And it's so close. X