ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS_daves 1 dies to save another project

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Fitted.

IMG_6251.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Have you fitted yours yet @Davyy?
Ive not got the yanoo on mine and feels fine and havnt bent the lever as it doesnt go anywhere near the dash.
Feels fine as is to me.

No mate, I had a nightmare and somehow snapped the lift for reverse bit so that's currently in a bodyshop getting plastic welded. The bloke said he'd call me yesterday to let me know if it was possible, but no call. They're now closed until the new year, doh!

What's it like on its own? Yanoo said the throw would be way too long without one of his fast shifts (not stiff shift), so interested to see how it is. Mine is 3.0 stiff shift, and I've just ordered Yanoo brass bushes too.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Oh right, was gonna say. Brass bushes were £9, I thought I may aswell get them haha.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Its a rated mod no doubt the plan for me was to go for the pms shifer but i did a swap for a scenic one for a wing n £5 so not really cost me anything
all your detailing stuff will be winging itself too you soon :smile:

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well managed to getba couple of hours this morning on the car. Safe to say its one unloved b**ch

From quick view

Drive shafts drives side the centre is split
Track rods rubbers all split
Dog bone is not great

Thats from a quick look i gave up looking for issues and removed the rad and air con rad as ive made the choice of pulling the engine out for paint and what not. The mrs n kids walked back from the park so my plan is start from the rear and work forward. Pulled the back box off the bolts grom centre to cat need cutting as there rotten cleaned the arches and fitted the rear b14s with purple powerflex bushes

bba6f04f6fcc7e948dc5c67209460367.jpg
9d23cbebe5b698ef4dc667006b83f43c.jpg

Got cold went home lol. Need to pick some paint up for the rear beam plan is to get the underside clean we will see

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Few bits turned up with Royal Mail today :)

Big thanks to @ADS1982 look forward to trying this stuff!
bbf1380f60843a20b6f92bb3e0f9d74a.jpg

Also as i like a fool sold the cup air con delete i needed a solution so ordered a kit from @bing_17 comes with new pully custom spacer and a fresh belt so should do the trick.

3a4a932f8849507de10deca7120adf1f.jpg

My knob for the scenic shifter should be here soon thanks to @Davyy then thats all my bits turned up :) for now.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Few bits turned up with Royal Mail today :)

Big thanks to @ADS1982 look forward to trying this stuff!
bbf1380f60843a20b6f92bb3e0f9d74a.jpg

Also as i like a fool sold the cup air con delete i needed a solution so ordered a kit from @bing_17 comes with new pully custom spacer and a fresh belt so should do the trick.

3a4a932f8849507de10deca7120adf1f.jpg

My knob for the scenic shifter should be here soon thanks to @Davyy then thats all my bits turned up :) for now.
Not a problem Dave enjoy getting into detailing.Was telling @imprezaworks how quick they turned up seeing as it's xmas
Atb wax on wax off dave son

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well been down to the car today managed another couple of hours. Removed the drive shafts drivers side is buggered pass sides fine. Removed calipers and the mounts bar top mount.

Things take alot longer when you try to do things properly not just cut it lol.

1f56cac40d2e9fcf700e8c58a90620cc.jpg
c0d5137ced6ddff6375aa3b14d427c8b.jpg
c2019840c3cb3bd5e421f8ce2041a3dc.jpg

Still so much todo but im having a blast.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
With it being -67°c outside i wasnt messing with the car tonight so i thought ill get the new knob on the scenic shifter ive bought.

All went well until it snapped :-(. Gotta find a bodge that works thinking cable ties in a x to pull it back together until i find another at a fair price.

bbccd4507a59dffe5d2fcd1ad53b956a.jpg
df299766c4ad4671e2150aa6d4e5d003.jpg

Dropped a quick coat of black on the engine block while i was sulking to myself.

95f7e3cba90f7152d42e499a345dc7ef.jpg