ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS_daves 1 dies to save another project

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Out with the old!

44c5a3bb1436edbd59fbd085fd65db31.jpg
bed634d7d63a74679140828443cd68eb.jpg

Need to split as i will use the gearbox its deffo looking sorry for itself now lol.
Jesus Dave your a health and safety nightmare lol

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Been busy bodging the scenic shifter will see how this works but ill prob buy another before the cars finished.

27c4acb2f416c010c6ee50a52c564b02.jpg

Also spent abit of time on the engine making it look pretty :) plan tonight was to get the aux belt on with the custom pully set up. Ive ad to remove some alternater casing to allow it to fit due to the rs2 extra spacer putting it in the way. Got it all done went to put the belt on thinking this is silly long. I forgot to put PAS pump back on :-(

Getting there tho.

abdfec50e2f1deab0045591c327f82ff.jpg
36b6a66ea7f7df4467e05443ee734b56.jpg
4f4c4362e1f871054b529d7d8db0e544.jpg

Ive also been thinking about the low blow turbo kit thats for sale on here but unsure what to do there tbh.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
That rs2 looks a bit tatty compared to the shiney engine, swap for a shiny standard inlet for the rs2 ? :laughing:

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well engines pretty much ready to go! Fitted the kit for ac delete i bought from on here pully n belt fits fine well worth £50

073c2bc91716b772c18c6749b7ac622d.jpg

Next up is to spend time prepping the bay for it to go in. So remove all brake stuff good clean is next up.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Nice and shiny.

Think youve said before.. so youre gonna have the black one with this engine and the vag grey one?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeh this will if i dont change my mind go in the black one. I may end up floging the vag clio cheapo as im only really focused on this build atm.

I keep finding myself looking for a 172 cup lol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Looking good dave.
You not confident doing the cambelt yet?
Think it's my engine mate out through cup.Belts were done 2014 and secret timing trick with the rs2 last November.So belts will be fine

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Get in touch with who timed it is meant bloody phone.Done a great job on the engine fair play

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Get in touch with who timed it is meant bloody phone.Done a great job on the engine fair play
Ive messaged him will await his responce if i get one we will see.

Yeh im pleased with how the engines looking shame about the car tho removed rear lights

ef389b27ead3f08fa10922e76fe37fa5.jpg

Got my work cut out with the body but ill get there in time having fun with it thats all that counts right?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Ive messaged him will await his responce if i get one we will see.

Yeh im pleased with how the engines looking shame about the car tho removed rear lights

ef389b27ead3f08fa10922e76fe37fa5.jpg

Got my work cut out with the body but ill get there in time having fun with it thats all that counts right?
course Dave you haven't got too pay labour.So I would buy a few more maybe clio sport banger racing

Looking....
I may end up floging the vag clio cheapo as im only really focused on this build [/QUOTE]
In box me some details and a price mate

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Subscribed to this. I'm sure it'll be a cracking car when it's finished. You just need to resist the urge to sell bits of it!

Yeh i know mate lol im coming away from the breaking side as its no fun being down work in the dark under a car in the mud. Thats why im going into the flocking.

Some very nice bits going on this car!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Got any more pics dave what you done to it lately and did that shaft fit?
Dunno mate im miles away from fitting it lol. Its abandoned atm as ive invested all my time on the engine. Ive gotta start tidying up the engine bay next to drop it in :)

No rush mind the 182 gone yet?

ast

Ibiza 5, A3 8p3, ph1
Dunno mate im miles away from fitting it lol. Its abandoned atm as ive invested all my time on the engine. Ive gotta start tidying up the engine bay next to drop it in :)

No rush mind the 182 gone yet?
Fair enough got ya work cut out ay ya
And nah no point in me selling it untill ive found something else
The 197 has gone though
Just been messing with the williams all week

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh i know mate lol im coming away from the breaking side as its no fun being down work in the dark under a car in the mud. Thats why im going into the flocking.

Some very nice bits going on this car!
Yeah it's not the best time if year to have to work outside. It's not nice seeing Clio's being broken either but while there's a market someone will do it. In a few years mint examples will be worth good money!
Is the still a hole in the market since black sheep flocked up and became no 1 on everyone's s**t list? Could be a good venture.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah it's not the best time if year to have to work outside. It's not nice seeing Clio's being broken either but while there's a market someone will do it. In a few years mint examples will be worth good money!
Is the still a hole in the market since black sheep flocked up and became no 1 on everyone's s**t list? Could be a good venture.
Well part of it is because i want quite abit done and i dont like spending money just ask @ast lol so ill do it myself saves money if i mess up its on me ill do it again.

If i can tie that in with a breaker every now n then becoming a trader on here will be worth it for me.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Surely the Cup @ADS1982 sold you would of been a better project than this black one @cs_dave ?

The black one, is that damage behind the light or something?

Surely there are better shells without the DIY respray etc pal?
The cup ad a bad rep the black shell hasnt been rear ended its not damaged. Lee paints much better cars than clios mate so his work is sound by me i wouldnt call it diy tbf to him.

Yeh it needs more work few marks on bumper so on but hey its part of the fun the pic shows the massive spiders web lol

Yeah fair one I wasn't sure how you painted it that's all, and know you've broken a fair few what look to be perfectly good Clio's lol

A black car this age is always going to need some attention. Look forward to how this one turns out :up: