ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSCC Oulton Park - 6th October 2012

Few pictures of the Clios from the Tin Top races last weekend

If any of the owners want to use on their blogs or websites or whatever - feel free :)
If there's any pics people don't want up - just shout and I'll delete them

8083005661_3b90c21e92_b.png

CSCC Oulton Park - Clio Brothers by Phil_Barker, on Flickr

8083011116_d17a2027ec_b.png

CSCC Oulton Park - Clio Brothers by Phil_Barker, on Flickr

8083024207_2c12bc676d_b.png

CSCC Oulton Park - Clio Race Car by Phil_Barker, on Flickr

8083023674_0d85e0db29_b.png

CSCC Oulton Park - Clio Race Car by Phil_Barker, on Flickr

8083036695_95bcd5f1d7_b.png

CSCC Oulton Park - BTM Performance by Phil_Barker, on Flickr

8082975454_bf1378ae82_b.png

CSCC - Oulton Park - K-Tec by Phil_Barker, on Flickr

Just editing the track shots... I'll put them up when I've done them :D

Megane r26
Some cracking looking photo's there, loving the black an white effect. Where can I find the race calender for the CSCC an what sort of costs is it to view?

Some cracking looking photo's there, loving the black an white effect. Where can I find the race calender for the CSCC an what sort of costs is it to view?

Yeah google search CSCC Tin Tops - there's a calendar.
Price depends on venew - Think it was £13 each at Oulton - but Donnington was more like £18 each or something

Awesome photo's mate from what I can make out on the dodgy train wifi :)! I will have a proper look when I get home but thanks for taking all the photos! Look forward to seeing you at Donny :) Will you drop me a text when you get a sec to remind me of the date as silly me has forgotten lol

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Cracking shots there Phil. What kind of shutter speeds were you using for panning? I cannot believe how hard it is to pan at lower shutter speeds and still get a sharp car. Real skill!

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Phil,

Just looked at your panning shots again. Someone once told me a little tip when shooting moving objects - always give the subject room to move in the direction it's travelling. Ie position the car to one side depending if it's accelerating or decelerating. It can help convey the movement. Sorry if you already know this; I don't want to come across patronising as your work is alot better than the likes of mine!

One of my crops to explain the above:

969186[/ATTACH]"]
54-DSC_0431.jpg

Attachments

• 54-DSC_0431.jpg
    54-DSC_0431.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 63
Cracking shots there Phil. What kind of shutter speeds were you using for panning? I cannot believe how hard it is to pan at lower shutter speeds and still get a sharp car. Real skill!

1/80th or 1/60th if feeling brave
It takes a fair bit of practice and i'll be honest I take the same shots 3 or 4 times and bin a couple of them lol

Phil,

Just looked at your panning shots again. Someone once told me a little tip when shooting moving objects - always give the subject room to move in the direction it's travelling. Ie position the car to one side depending if it's accelerating or decelerating. It can help convey the movement. Sorry if you already know this; I don't want to come across patronising as your work is alot better than the likes of mine!

One of my crops to explain the above:

969248[/ATTACH]"]
54-DSC_0431.jpg

Cheers mate - yeah my editing & cropping still needs a lot of work. It's good to get out and practice though.
Trying to balance between taking photos at races and actually driving my own car means I don't get a lot of time playing about with the camera lol

Attachments

• 54-DSC_0431.jpg
    54-DSC_0431.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 63
  Merc A class
Some shots are great phil some a little soft could do with being a little sharper.

I like the ideas though some nice angles! :)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Ace photo wish I could have gone as its only 10 minutes up the road;(