ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Breaking problems, Help!

Hey Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a small problem ive noticed today. Had new tyres fitted on monday and today is the first time ive been able to go out and give the cup a blast. The problem is, under heavy (ish) breaking the car ducks to the drivers side, as if that wheel is not breaking, the back end steps out too! Ive wetted my finger and put it on both disks, the drivers side is cool enough to almost touch (its warm) but the passenger side is sizzling hot.

I asked the garage to check my pads and they said there was plenty of wear left. Anyone got any ideas, its a bit scary and im worried if i have to break suddenly ill lose control of the car.

Max

Ok, ive taken the wheel off and had a look at the drivers side disk and pads. The pads are touching the disk, and there are no obvious scratches that could have been made by something under the pads. Pads have plenty of wear left, and disks, although they have a slight lip at the top, seem ok.

Anyone any ideas? Anyone experienced this before?

Max

Well im now thinking that its the passenger side disk thats sticking on, as it keeps locking up under a medium amount of breaking at slow speeds. It is also getting very hot compared to the drivers side one.

Surely some mechanically minded person must have some ideas? No?

Max

Titanium 182

sounds like the caliper might be sticking maybee?

why not get it in on warrenty or give the front brakes a good clean out and fit new pads?

dont really know mate, but could help.