ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup buying information

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Anyone know where I can get a buying guide for the cup, or usefull information

cheers

[Edited by ross_16v on 10 June 2004 at 1:27pm]

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Just the usual, things to look out for when buying and what sort of price to pay. Any other usefull information, specs etc.

Anything appreciated

Cheers

Just the normally stuff you would with any other car, everything else should still be covered by warrenty!

Suspension top mounts are a common one.

[Edited by Pete_172 on 10 June 2004 at 2:20pm]

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Well, Ross if you dont mind me asking, how much are you looking to pay? There are still some pre-reg cars with a handful of miles for £10K-11K. Therell also be the Renault warranty, and the AA cover. Just do as you would with any other car, as when I was test driving my car, the stop light would show if the revs went any higher than about 4K..obviously this was sorted before collection. There are no real issues that Im aware of with the car, but people with longer ownership may or may not have noticed bigger niggles. Good luck, and I wish you well in your hunt.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

donnyo - Was thinking of paying between 9 and 11k, want to get best example for my money. Do you know of any pre reg cars available in scotland? I stay in Edinburgh but willing to travel.

172cup_nut - very nice car, how much you looking for, where you stay, why you selling?

Cheers

182, GTR, C63

Ill sell you mine for 11k then go buy another for 9k ;). Its a good car mate but check its not had any track use. You can only know for sure if its been in a gravel trap.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Up in Ecosse mate, I dont know of any Reno dealers, I do know there were some around the midlands who bought the last remaining Cup models, but there is an Arnold Clark in Warrington who do some pre-reg cup models (but I know that some people have issues with them). The problem will be if theyll transfer them up to North of the border. But for 11K, you shouldnt have a problem finding a V.good example. Try the Autotrader for any dealers in Scotland, see what they can do for you...

Ziel Nurburgring

Most owners of cups seems to be very happy. The only thing SOME wish they had was climate/Ac which i dont know if the pre reg ones have. If yo have the cash, spring for a 182 which we are led to believe is the best of both worlds (Cup speed & 172 toys). Can you find an extra £2-3K?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Blink172, only the silver 172 cup has the CC...problem is theres only 300 of them, and I dont know if they can demand a premium price due to their exclusivity. The air controls in the cup are the same as on a normal clio...its not a bad thing, just something you either love or hate...I hate, but love the car! The 182 is best of both worlds though, especially if it has the cup pack.

Ziel Nurburgring

Huh, are you saying you hate the Air conitioning or that you want it? Doubt it will add much of a premium, but the 182 with cup pack is pushing the money way above the fellas budget. I only mentioned the 182 as something to consider if we wanted the whole shooting match

I recently bought a pre-reg cup from Arnold Clark in Warrington, the cars are stored in perth or somewhere nearby so it would be ironic if you couldnt buy one closer to home...

As mentioned above, try autotrader or contact your local main dealer and see if they can sort you something out. You should easily be able to get a pre-reg cup for <£11k.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Sorry blink172, I hate the normal air controls, not the CC...although I used to have A/C in my old 306, and that used to send me crackers (it came on when it wanted, not when I wanted it on!!!) ...does the CC use a lot more fuel like A/C does?

Thats right i could of got CC in mine (blue), and over the past view weeks ive been cursing my tightness!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Its what I was led to believe, I got my car as second owner, but was led to believe that there were 300 made in silver, and those came with CC, but the Mondial blue cup did not come with CC....thats a bugger, as I loved the blue, but didnt think that they came with CC! Bah those bloody lying Renault dealers!!!

I got CC with my Cup best thing at the moment. You should find a mint one for about 11K. Just ask the dealers or there are some nice ones in Trader as everyone is selling to get the 182