ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup dealer options

looking in the cup brochure and theres a bit about some options just wonderd if these are good quality stuff and how much its going for :

6-point rollcage

10-point rollcage

carbon metallic break-pads

fire extinguisher

safty harness

full race seats

and how would these affect insurance and could you be usingthem breakpads on the roads or need to be on a track

Rangerover Supercharged

Well they would cost ya a little bit on the insurance front, try and find a dealor who can supply you all the bits, if you do please let me know.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by cup271 on 11 June 2003

looking in the cup brochure and theres a bit about some options just wonderd if these are good quality stuff and how much its going for :

6-point rollcage

10-point rollcage

carbon metallic break-pads

fire extinguisher

safty harness

full race seats

and how would these affect insurance and could you be usingthem breakpads on the roads or need to be on a track
As approved Renault accessories they dont exist. Only option on a Cup is Climate Control. Plenty of other places you can get this sort of thing though - get a Demon Tweeks catalogue theres loads in there.

Yeah those bits dont exist..yet at least. Supposedly rsport was commisioned to do the extras but considering come september the Cup will be no longer it seems too little, too late.

-Rob

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

If you actually get those then youre a very lucky man...

The only "real" options are the colour (blue or now silver) and climate!

Has anyone got this in writing as well as a brocuhure of the Cup as basically its false advertisment, its like buying a pair of swimming shorts which are see through. Seeing a solicitor on Monday about my problems with my Cup, so pissed off with Renault dont care about the cost.

172, Tiguan

So im about to order a Cup, if i was to ask for a silver one for September, do you all think itd be worth more in a few years? Because there cant be many silver cups out there! - especially if theyre gonna cease production around then.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 11 June 2003

If you actually get those then youre a very lucky man...

The only "real" options are the colour (blue or now silver) and climate!
Silver?? Which Silver? How? When? Nooooooooo...

Raaa just spoke to my Renualt Contact and its the Boom Silver(iceburg) and only just came available today! WAHOOOO!!!

172, Tiguan

Aparently so, even checked on Renault website, bound to be worth more because of their rarety!

Yeh me tinks the same. But a month or so ago, when i asked Renault about any options i got a straight NO, the same NO i got when questioned about the different colours. Then the Climate came, followed shortly by different colour options. mmm....Whats next? Are Renault hiding something? Im dont wanna order the car the get told of more Gadgets! ggrrrr:mad:

172, Tiguan

Im holding off untill July 12th, want mine on September 1st, new reg and all! Thats the last date i can order due to an 8 week wait. Luckily friend is Reno salesman and hes keeping me informed. Not heard of any other options just yet, but as you say, better to leave it as late as poss!

Ill have a Silver one please................

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

why dont you just get a 172 then .. heh.. they are virtually the same price.

320d M Sport

i cant see a silver cup being more sought after, to be honest i thin its a bad idea, as the colour was one of the Cups main selling points, a silver Cup is just a cheap 172, which a cup isnt.

You gets me?

172, Tiguan

Was thinking that as well to be honest, after all you can get any clio in silver, but only the cup in that blue.

hmm decisions.....

yeh true. But i like the Cup because of the way it drives, not the colour or how it looks. as you probably know the 172 is totally different experience. And because the cup is the "Cheap" 172 (chuckle) they are coming quite popular. Every1 got a Blue one, i just wanna be differnet. Not to mention i feel the iceburg silver is the Nicest looking Sliver on the road. Except for the Lamborghini Silver. *drooooooolll*

320d M Sport

i would say its the other way round, the blue wuld be more sought after. plus in time you know people will be sticking those cup wheels on their 172s, voila! Silver Cup!

172, Tiguan

Think this is probably going to be the toughest decision ever silver or blue, pros and cons on both sides.

Like walking into a ferrari showroom and ordering a yellow one!

172, Tiguan

Got to be the Cup, drove both and the Cup felt a lot more responsive, instant throttle response, was awsome!

If u put the Cup wheels on a Silver 172, yeh would look like a silver Cup. But it wouldnt handle or feel like a Cup. Wouldnt have the "Rawness" which comes wtih the Cup. Im buying a Cup over the 172 simply for the "Rawness". Nothing else.

A CUP in silver. Sounds poo to me. Dont think the speedlines will suit silver. Prob will be worth more in the future thou.

Big mistake my reno I think, After all you couldnt buy a silver williams.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 11 June 2003

i cant see a silver cup being more sought after, to be honest i thin its a bad idea, as the colour was one of the Cups main selling points, a silver Cup is just a cheap 172, which a cup isnt.

You gets me?
Yeah, I know what ya mean...

Thats a great point dynamique boy / person...I personally feel like there trying to take the shine off the Cup and con some more people as I bet there marketing the extras!

But thats for another thread!