ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup insurance!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Ian, everyone pays about £100 on their insurance policy to cover for people who are uninsured...TWOCers that hit "your" car as an example. Okay, their isnt another party you can claim against, but you would get the insurance cover and your claim would go through (be it longer than if there was another person involved).

Insurance is all about what you get back from them. It doesnt matter that insurance is £100 cheaper in reality, when all you want is for the mailto:*@#!s">*@#!s to pay you if there is any claim that you need to make for whatever reason.

If a person uses their parents as the main drivers and name themselves on the policy, then their NCB will not go up if they do not have an accident. They will still have to pay a fortune when they go as the main driver on a policy for the first time, and so there is no real saving, unless they go through an age bracket. I was 28, just passed my test and tried to insure a 306 1.6 in the "M" postcode region) and the cheapest quote I got was £1800 fully comp. Its now a third of that to insure a 172 cup.

Suffice to say Ian there is no need to be so aggressive as its all economies of scale, and if these people insure by this method, it has no bearing whatsoever on your policy or cover. Its the people who drive unlicensed/untaxed/uninsured who are the ones who we need to have attitudes with.