ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup master cylinder and bias valve?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
With the challenge of trying to source a second hand cup master cylinder I decided to nip in to my local dealership to get a price on a brand new item.
ive been told there is a choice of 3 makes and he wanted to know which one i have (obviously I don't have one as I'm after one to convert the Trophy over) but does it matter which make I opt for?

i can't recall the brands he quoted, I think one was Teves amoungst a few.
does any one know which they have on thier 172 cup, or which they used to convert with?
its only £85 for a brand new item, so hardly worth holding off for a second hand item.

as for the rear brake bias item, I didn't think to ask for this while I was there, does anyone know if its an item that's still available from the main dealers?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Id like one that works perfect first time rather than endless laps trying to adjust something myself with trial and error.
and I've read far to many comments that even set to the weakest rear setting is still to much :(

Ouch Fred, that's not cheap :(

Cup In bits
I'll sell you my Cup valve and pipework if it suits, surplus to requirements now. Have absolutely no idea how I would get them there in one piece.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Morgan, I'm not overly worried about the lines so much as I'd run them through the car if I couldn't source them, but seeing Nicks response and he being pretty much on my door step I shall see what Nicks plans are first and then come back to you, if that okay.

Nick, when you say soon, vaguely how soon are you looking at mate?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Nick, PS: I can't keep up with you, I thought you just bought another cup?
​is it the new one you are breaking, or the one you had previously :(

Morgan, I'm not overly worried about the lines so much as I'd run them through the car if I couldn't source them, but seeing Nicks response and he being pretty much on my door step I shall see what Nicks plans are first and then come back to you, if that okay.

Nick, when you say soon, vaguely how soon are you looking at mate?

Nick, PS: I can't keep up with you, I thought you just bought another cup?
​is it the new one you are breaking, or the one you had previously :(

Looking to start taking the car apart in the week mate, how soon do you need it?

Yah the Cup you've seen is being broken but the new one is here to stay! ;)