ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup or not

clio 172 ph2
Hi all ive just bought a 2002 clio 172 in black looks like a normal rs no splitters has climate an abs but insurance websites an renault both say its a cup but its black it has no alarm or etched reg on the glass it handles completely different to my old 182 the chassis number starts cb1n also done a check it says built 2000 registered 2002 any help would be much obliged

RB 182 FF
Sounds interesting built in 2000, what check told you that? Maybe it's a Renault test mule or something, any pics? Whats the interior like?!

clio 172 ph2
Just been on to renault again its an austrian import speced to the owners requirements bloke said its rare ive deleted the aircon binned the foglights an fitted ktec coilovers an gas shocks an speedline maracanas in white prob should of left it standard

clio 172 ph2
Sounds interesting built in 2000, what check told you that? Maybe it's a Renault test mule or something, any pics? Whats the interior like?!
total car check .co.uk interior is standard rs trim

Attachments

• 20150829_144708.jpg
    20150829_144708.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 102
  Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Is it LHD for Austria? Cups in UK had grey fabric trim; no Cups sold in phase 1 period.Weren't all the LHD Cups called the Jean Ragnotti version, all in Mondial blue?. None sold to Austria to my knowledge.

clio 172 ph2
Is it LHD for Austria? Cups in UK had grey fabric trim; no Cups sold in phase 1 period.Weren't all the LHD Cups called the Jean Ragnotti version, all in Mondial blue?. None sold to Austria to my knowledge.
Its rhd an i agree with all your sayin but according to renault an insurers its a cup an if its right about cups chassis num starting with c1bn then its all there its very wierd but i will say in standard guise it handled loads better than my previous 172s an my 182

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-20-20-03-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-20-20-03-12.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 73
  clio 172 ph2
Heres a pic of the chassis num in the corner u can just see the black bonnet
I think youve hit the nail on the head there about it being a test mule it had only done 19k on its fourth birthday so hardly any use

Attachments

• 2015-12-21 12.52.24.jpg
    2015-12-21 12.52.24.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
  RB 182 FF
It does sound like a pre production model from what you've said, if it would hold any more value because of that would be interesting! Sounds rare from what you've said, it sounds like a full fat 172 that didn't exist....although the spoiler isn't a cup spoiler......hmmm!

clio 172 ph2
Strange isnt it the guy at renault did say it may have gone via austria to the geneva motor show just across the border an if it did hold anymore value ive removed any chance of that by modifying it but im not too fussed it owes me pence an i thrash the b****cks off it every morning down the lanes an it makes me smile thats why i bought it :)

clio 172 ph2
Ive just asked jeremy at renaultsport the question so ill just wait an see i guess i know for certain though it had much better handling than all my previous clios when it was standard

clio 172 ph2
Well its offical just spoke to renault uk they did some digging an it was a demo car in austria cup chassis but with all the trimmings and its black so the only black cup in the uk so if any1 ask what colours come in now you can say blue silver an 1 black one :)

clio 172 ph2
Yep me dad just said the same called me a silly boy too oh well any1 got any cup suspension standard rims aircon pump fogs steering wheel an airbox for sale lol

clio 172 ph2
Dunno it had ph1 wheels when i got it its pointless puttin it back to oem its done 116k fsh though

RB 182 FF
I wouldn't have thought it's worth going standard either I was just curious to what wheels were standard on it:up:

clio 172 ph2
I reckon standard rs rims you wouldnt bin turinis off would ya but then i find 15 rims give a much better ride

Cup didn't have ABS
Cup spoiler?
Cup front splitter?
Turini's?
What headlights are fitted/washer blanks
Cloth seats/door cards?
Black thinner type carpets?
4 x Seat belts, not 5?
Air con was an option but it was non digital
What about traction control?
Same goes for auto lights/wipers/engine cover and some gearboxes too. The Trims on blue ones were colour coded?
Suspension/driveshafts/hub set up differs

clio 172 ph2
Cup didn't have ABS
Cup spoiler?
Cup front splitter?
Turini's?
What headlights are fitted/washer blanks
Cloth seats/door cards?
Black thinner type carpets?
4 x Seat belts, not 5?
Air con was an option but it was non digital
What about traction control?
Same goes for auto lights/wipers/engine cover and some gearboxes too. The Trims on blue ones were colour coded?
Suspension/driveshafts/hub set up differs
Mine is a standard rs with all the trimmings digi climate half leather no spoilers or splitters but has cup suspension an chassis im told they do this so you get the feel for both types of car this is common practice for car manufacturers there is probably many out there but most people put things like this down to poor admin but i enquired an behold the only black cup in the country or the only one ren uk know about

Standard 172's have the trimmings you mention. Trimmings are usually Splitter and Spoiler then Suspension and Wheel colour for the 182 cup packs referring to 'full fat' and then there's the optional sat nav/cruise control/recaros etc

Please explain what the Cup chassis is your referring too

clio 172 ph2
Standard 172's have the trimmings you mention. Trimmings are usually Splitter and Spoiler then Suspension and Wheel colour for the 182 cup packs referring to 'full fat' and then there's the optional sat nav/cruise control/recaros etc

Just a normal rs spec standard car theres a pic of it on this thread and of the chassis number alls it has different is the cup chassis an suspension hope this helps

clio 172 ph2

Oh sorry the cup chassis refers to the wider track it has on the standard car the suspension is irrelevant as the oem stuff is long gone hope this answers your question