ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup owners look away!

GR7

Shiny red R32

The Clios are much stronger than Citroens. I have seen a very CRUSHED Saxo. Glad I dont own one!!

Lionel Richie

He obviously didnt think much of Renault lowering the Cup by only 3mm!!!! That looks like a good foot lower!!!!

Thats a real shame :(

And wtf has lack of ABS got to go with it?? :cry:

Personally Id be more concerned that the driver and passengers were okay rather than making completely speculative guesses over the cause of the accident.

Lets not go overboard, its not that a serious crash. Its obviously a driver with over confidence, who thought she was better than she is, driving too fast for the situation.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

"He was driving late one night round some country roads, didnt see a bend till it was too late...........he braked but Clio has not got ABS, so the brakes locked, he hit a bank and tipped the car over, and it slid along the road. He had the window half open so he crawled out ok.

He is ok, fortunately, it coulda been a lot worse, but were still waiting to hear about the car, wether its a write off or not. accident only happened earlier this week."

Thats what no ABS has got to do with it!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Well if ur driving too fast and u dont see the bend and u cant slow down....

I know..i appreciate i sound uncharitable but if people tw*t about in a car which is too good for them then they should expect these sort of outcomes. I hope the bloke learns his lesson..if anyone else was involved it would of been called an accident im sure.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

So if schumacher crashed his ferrari its cos its "too good" for him?

I know he only has himself to blame, but if it happened to u ud be looking for a little symphathy at least!

He gets paid to push his car to the limit..its a bit different..he has no choice!

Obviously i dont hope he has been hurt, but sometimes people get a load of sympathy when really they could do with a bollocking for being stupid!

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Mitsi on 21 March 2003

"He was driving late one night round some country roads, didnt see a bend till it was too late...........he braked but Clio has not got ABS, so the brakes locked, he hit a bank and tipped the car over, and it slid along the road. He had the window half open so he crawled out ok.

He is ok, fortunately, it coulda been a lot worse, but were still waiting to hear about the car, wether its a write off or not. accident only happened earlier this week."

Thats what no ABS has got to do with it!!
Yeah and if he had ABS would it have stopped him crashing? What exactly do you think ABS will do? Do you think it wil get the driver out of every situation? If he went into a corner without knowing it was there if he had ABS the chances are it wouldnt have done anything to help him.

----------------------------------------------

Not posted by teady172!

Posted by Neil82Cup!

----------------------------------------------

Well in an emergency situation natural instinct would of meant the driver would just slam the brakes on. ABS would of shortened the stopping distance.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Well if hes coming into a corner and his wheels lock up the he wouldnt be able to steer.

Dont shoot the messenger!

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 21 March 2003

If i crash my car ill make sure i dont post it on the forum ;)

Sounds like a good idea - wouldnt want anyone to think you are anything less than the super driver you make out to be :cry:

Yeah but surely if he drove into a corner without knowing it was there by the time he hit the brakes and steered he would have hit apex of the corner anyway. I aint saying I wouldnt want ABS on my Cup but I just dont think any drive should rely on ABS to sort all of their c**k ups! And if they think it will their going to come to a sticky end.

I think the point is he shouldnt of been in that situation in the first place, and since we werent there we couldnt really make a decision but id say ABS is very useful in these circumstances, hence why most cars now have it. However, overall i personally wouldnt mind having a non-abs car.

I hate to say it but the driver is a woman....what more can i say

Its obviously a driver with over confidence, who thought she was better than she is, driving too fast for the situation

wtf..how can you not see a bend until its too late?!

Good drivers should always be scanning the road well ahead

know..i appreciate i sound uncharitable but if people tw*t about in a car which is too good for them then they should expect these sort of outcomes. I hope the bloke learns his lesson..if anyone else was involved it would of been called an accident im sure

:cry:

Not really hammered my cups brakes yet, do you think 600 miles is enough to start giving them some stick and see what point they lock up? Or should I leave that till Ive done more miles.